113H YTS Kits 4 Sale...SOLD OUT

Started by Maxed Out, February 12, 2020, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

well, it's been a long journey to this point. Over 2 years ago I did a few of these kits and they went fast. My machinist had made 22 extra sets of spacer bars, but then got very busy and I never had the chance to get him to make the YTS seats. Without the seats, my spacer bars were useless, so I had a few conversations with Tom H and had him put me on the bottom of his long "to do" list. Patience was my only hope, and Tom came thru big time. These seats now have the have the tongue built in. The parts are also polished and anodized by Tom's guy.

These Ohana YTS kits consist of a seat and 2 spacer bars, and one stainless frame post. I have approx. 6 kits of each color(red, silver, black). Tom is currently making color matching clamp that should be available in a few weeks and will be offered on his website. Tom also has a fresh batch of his 113H sideplate kits on his website that go nicely with these kits cortezconversions.com

These kits were designed for strength and optimum drainage. Even the cutouts in the spacer bars were designed to allow drainage in line with spool flanges.

I'm offering these at below actual cost. $85+$5 shipping to USA

....PM if interested

Ted

EDIT: These are SOLD OUT !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

I'm drooling on my desk over here Ted  ;D
Those are beautiful kits!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Thanks guys, I just also wanted to add that these YTS frame kits work well with stock 113H sideplates, and black 4/0 plates also, AKA grouper special. The black 4/0 will require a 66 spool, the 113hn kit takes a tib YTS spool

Alto Mare

Ted, I have 5 sets already and these are still tempting.
I can't believe you still have them for sale at that price, I thought they would be gone by now.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Love 'em Ted!  That's the deal of the century!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on February 13, 2020, 12:46:07 AM
Love 'em Ted!  That's the deal of the century!
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 13, 2020, 12:35:07 AM
Ted, I have 5 sets already and these are still tempting.
I can't believe you still have them for sale at that price, I thought they would be gone by now.

Sal

You guys are both correct, costs have definitely gone up since these kits first appeared in 2017. I'm just very pleased to have Tom making the parts now. His anodizer is top notch too, but everyone already knows that. Best part is you can only find them here on the forum.

Several of these kits sold, so those who hesitate might be late to the party !!

I still have 1 red kit remaining and 4 black kits and 5 silver kits

JRD

Thank you Ted!!!  Beautiful work as always.

Maxed Out

Wow Randy, that's a home run !! Load that baby up with red spectra

Tom should have matching clamps available in a few weeks.

thanks for posting

xjchad

That reel is killer Randy!!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

JRD

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 19, 2020, 01:42:00 AM

Wow Randy, that's a home run !! Load that baby up with red spectra

Tom should have matching clamps available in a few weeks.

thanks for posting

Now I'm on the hunt for a red star and blade then it will be pumped out and ready for spring time Yellows

RowdyW

Try Black Pearl for the red offset aluminum blade & ebay for a red aluminum star. The only problem with the aluminum star is the threads wear out from tightening them down. But they look good.     Rudy

Alto Mare

Here are a couple you made in the beginning.
A special "Alto Mare" standard in red. This one was a gift from you...thanks again buddy!
I'm posting it again because we got lots of new blood here and they probably never saw it.
And a narrow silver" Tank Tap "...
I have taken the red "Alto Mare " on a couple of trips, and still looks great.

Plates from Tom "Cortez Conversions"
Frame and eccentric lever from Ted "Moxed Out"...by the way the thicker Maxed Out eccentric lever will work with the bent handle on the 113H's
Hand and guts from Alan "ProChallenger"

Love these kits!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 22, 2020, 11:37:48 PM
Here are a couple you made in the beginning.
A special "Alto Mare" standard in red. This one was a gift from you...thanks again buddy!
I'm posting it again because we got lots of new blood here and they probably never saw it.
And a narrow silver" Tank Tap "...
I have taken the red "Alto Mare " on a couple of trips, and still looks great.

Plates from Tom "Cortez Conversions"
Frame and eccentric lever from Ted "Moxed Out"...by the way the thicker Maxed Out eccentric lever will work with the bent handle on the 113H's
Hand and guts from Alan "ProChallenger"

Love these kits!

Sal
I got one reel with uncle sal's name on it,,,,,,,, ;D

Maxed Out

.....beautiful reels Sal. Thank you for posting

Another option would be to use frame posts in place of the spacer bars. It almost looks like a stock 113H, but it's really a YTS in disguise

One can only imagine how many more thousands of 113h Penn would've sold had they offered a narrow version of the 113h