alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial 3D Printer Parts
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 02, 2020, 03:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D Printer Parts  (Read 2149 times)
jurelometer

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 09:58:39 PM »

Always enjoy your posts, Dave.
Iíve seen your machining skills, those should come out very nice.

I want to mention there is a guy out of California that has been making clamps with a trigger,
I believe He sells those for $28 a piece and he claims theyíre very tough... not as bad price for a custom part.
Sorry, donít remember his name, he might be a member here...John Trung?... not sure.

Anyways, you never do anything for money, only to help out, so that doesnít really matter.

Sal

Thanks Sal, 

Any praise from a craftsman like yourself is greatly appreciated.  I am not anywhere close to being in the same league as some of the machinists that make parts for us here.

But I really want to start machining some parts again.

I was thinking that I could make my own mini CNC router pretty cheaply from Chinese parts.  Then I think that maybe I could make a pretty rigid one for just a bit more. Then I think that I should just buy a desktop CNC mill  for making small parts. Then I think why not get a hobby CNC mill like a Tormach.  Then I think for another 10K I might find a  decent used Haas  mini or tool room mill. 

Then I think that spending a huge chunk of money just to put a Haas in my garage for occasional use is insane. And getting a Haas or any pro CNC mill serviced is crazy expensive.   Why not just go cheap and make a mini CNC router from Chinese parts.  Then I think I maybe I could make a rigid one for just a bit more, and so on...

I have been cycling like this for about a year now Smiley

I think the trick is to getting a CNC mill is like getting a boat.  The smartest way is to find a friend with one Smiley

-J
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 11:01:04 PM »

Dave, in my case that last phrase youíve mentioned fits me perfectly.🙂

Canít wait to see what you come up with,

thanks

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
mo65
The Freshwater Kid...Chillicothe, Ohio
Sensei

"This ship is filthy Mr. Christian!"

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2020, 09:12:06 AM »

I got Jurelometer's crosswind block installed today. It was a perfect fit...slipped right into place. That aluminum block is one of the aftermarket blocks that Mystic sold out of. This reel gets fished pretty hard, as can be seen by that one season old grease, it was yellow.(Ardent Reel Butter) I'll report back later with results. Thanks for the opportunity Dave. Cool

I am very curious to see how well they hold up.    It will be useful data either way!  Thanks for giving these a try.

-J.

I haven't forgot about these...but the pandemic totally screwed the spring crappie fishing. Boat ramps and parks are just reopening now around here. I'll get a little mileage on it this summer though, so a report will eventually come. Cool

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: