Weird guides

Started by sharkman, December 10, 2021, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

I was at an antique mall and came across a unique rod. It was solid glass wooden handle rod about 6 foot. The unique part was guides. The guides were built like old mildrum rollers but the were not roller had a solid center with hole for line to go thru. No rings or inserts. Sorry no pics they didn't allow photos. Has anyone ever seen guides like that.

whalebreath

Seen pics of them but never the whole thing.

sharkman

Do you happen to know the name of guides. I can't even find pics on internet. Thanks you.

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

1badf350

Sound like you are talking about bridge guides which may or may not have four "feet"
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

philaroman

I was thinkin' that...  funky old ones had names, like tunnel g., bridge g., bell g.

oc1

I thought for sure there would be a picture on the internet but can't find one.

oldmanjoe

Look at the bottom stick guides , no rings !
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

thorhammer

Joe, thats a sweet pair!!!!

54bullseye

Quote from: oldmanjoe on December 11, 2021, 09:33:15 AM

Look at the bottom stick guides , no rings !
Those are Vom Hofe bridge style guides on bottom rod. Both 14/0 Vom Hofe cradle reels

oldmanjoe

I found a better picture of the guides .    Just keep clicking on pictures.   
   You can spend hours on this site .
    https://antiquefishingreels.com/vintage-rods/vom-hofe-edward-new-york-n-y/#images-6

https://antiquefishingreels.com

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

sharkman

Thanks everyone for replies. Just been able to check replies today. It does look almost identical to the bridge guide.