Carbontex

Started by Dawn, February 21, 2020, 03:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

It's been brought to my attention that the name Carbontex is being used by some in Europe and Australia that are not selling actual Carbontex drags and material. Based on price on some of it I'd guess it was inferior product from another country. Carbontex is my brand name, not a generic word for carbon fiber. I'm working on Trademarking it but I don't know about enforcement in other countries.  I do have many suppliers in other countries so if in doubt just shoot me an email and I can tell you if it's genuine. 

Dawn
Dawn

alantani

Imitation is the most since form of flattery.  Lucky you.....
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

nelz

Quote from: Dawn on February 21, 2020, 03:06:27 AMCarbontex is my brand name, not a generic word for carbon fiber. I'm working on Trademarking it but I don't know about enforcement in other countries.

Wow, I had no idea Carbontex was your brand name. Unfortunately, it was just a matter of time before others would use it if it's not protected legally. Good luck with this.

MarkT

Aspirin started as a brand name but wasn't defended and turned generic as a result.  The brand name is an asset to be defended.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

I hope you get it worked out Dawn.
They are just Wanna be's.
Life is Good!

oc1

What a rabbit hole that was.  I don't understand how this patent and trademark stuff works, but the

Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Volume 1257, Issue 3, April 16, 2002, page 710

listed this:

561,709.  CARBONTEX. FALCON HEADWEAR, INC., (U.S. CLS. 22 AND 39). SN 76-259,847. PUB. 1-22-2002. FILED 522-2001.

Falcon Headware makes trucker caps.  While searching Falcon Headware there was this:
https://www.earthtouchnews.com/wtf/wtf/behold-the-falcon-sex-hat-a-species-saving-hump-helmet/

-s

mhc

I didn't realise carbontex was your brand name either Dawn - I haven't bought any carbon sheets for quite a while but I will keep an eye out for phoney carbontex in Aus and let you know.

Thanks for that earthtouchnews.com link Steve, helping to save a species from extinction is important.....but....umm....well, let's not get too caught up in the moment.  ::)  :)

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

nelz

Um... falcon sex hat... thought I'd seen it all...  ::)

borchcl

And to think I paid for an education.

Charlie