Where do you all get your parts?

Started by tincanary, February 24, 2020, 09:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

My shop has been getting pretty busy and I was wondering who you all use for parts?  I do order my Penn parts from Mystic and Abu parts from Hookless, but wondering if there are any others out there I should look at.  How is it ordering parts from say, Pure Fishing versus ordering from somebody else?  I'm looking to build a stock of parts so I don't have to wait as often for the postal carrier to drop at the door.  What does everybody here do?

Bob

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Christopher M Songer

Bob, what are your most seen Brands and models of reels and maybe someone can dial you in better. I go straight to Shimano for my parts. Old reels needs a parts number from schematic. Mat's in Eagle River Wisconsin has lots of old stock for fresh water spinning and bait casters but not a good place to stock up. I also order direct from Okuma and Daiwa but Daiwa is not fast and often back ordered.   Southwesternparts.com also and lots of NOS stuff. Tunasreeltroubles.com has some Penn and other parts close out prices. He only deals in level wind trolling gear for the great lake but is thinning the inventory on his spinning and bait casting reel parts. I too use Pure fishing for those that need it.
Always go forward, never go straight

tincanary

How is Pure Fishing as far as pricing goes?  I've been getting a good amount of their reels in my shop as of late from Penn and Abu.  I'm pretty new to the business and have been getting quite a bit of work already.  My thought is if I can get the parts cheaper then I can pass that discount on to the customer.  Mind you, this isn't my full time job yet, but I'm hoping it will turn into it in the coming years.

Bob

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!