Frequent visitor and now new member

Started by CW33919, February 24, 2020, 09:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CW33919

Good afternoon from Southwest Florida,

I've been a frequent visitor to this site over the past year and have found the wealth of knowledge - and the willingness to share it - to be absolutely outstanding.  Not exactly sure why I waited so long to join; perhaps it is just my dogged and creative approach to always having something to look forward to in the future ;D

I fish vintage Penn conventional reels almost exclusively.....half a dozen 49's, a couple 115's, a 114h, a few 113's, a Jigmaster, a Leveline, a Long Beach 68, a few 309s, etc.  I know many of you understand when I say that there is something very rewarding in maintaining and fishing the same gear your Grandfather and Father fished.  My two sons now have a selection of old Penns that they work into their regular rotation as well - we see it as a solid and tangible link to our past and hopefully I'll have a few grandchildren of my own to take fishing in the not to far off future.

Best regards and a very heartfelt thank you to Alan Tani and all the experts on this site.
Chris
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

nelz

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

xjchad

Welcome Chris!  Glad to have you aboard!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Chris! It sure sounds as you're at the right place.
Enjoy your stay!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

festus

Welcome, Chris, you're certainly in a forum to learn reel repair.

Donnyboat

Hi Chris, you have a nice selection of reels, nice to hear your children are into it as well, do you have a boat between your family, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

CW33919

Don,
We've got a 25' Center Console and are lucky enough to have a covered slip and lift in the backyard.  Makes it very easy to get on the water so there is never an excuse not to. Life is good.  I'm guessing you are from the Perth area and a boater as well?
Best,
Chris
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

Benni3

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brewcrafter

Welcome Chris from the SoCal Inland Empire - glad you found the site! - John

bhale1

welcome Chris...glad to have ya here
Brett

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!