Lubricants available in Europe

Started by reelmanjaap, February 25, 2020, 10:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelmanjaap

Very pleased with all the info on this website about lubricants. All the lubricants mentioned seem very easy to get in the US but nearly impossible in Ireland or Europe. Is there anybody who can tell me where I can get the Yamalube or any of the superlubes outside the US? It would be great if we could set up a few links here. I have tried to order the Yamalube from the US, its either very expensive for 14 oz (around 50 USD) or the sellers in the US are not allowed to post it to Europe.

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Fish-aholic

Here's a UK CorrosionX distributor I've used a few times. They also stock CX marine grease in 15oz tubes.  ;)

https://www.corrosion-x.co.uk/product/corrosionx/

Steve

Tiddlerbasher

Joao Tavares

I have the same problem looking for the super lubes and have them shipped to Portugal.

Indeed, BlackDogTackle is where I got Cal's Grease, TS321 and ReelX. Very fast shipping and delivery. Not as cheap as in the US because we pay the price of being a small market in this field.

I got marine grease (Quicksilver 2-4-C with PTFE) from a UK distributor through Ebay.

Yamaha marine lube I got from a US vendor through Ebay.

Like I said, you pay a premium price for being in Europe, but at least you can get these super lubes and I was always surprised with how fast things got delivered.

João

Gobi King

Do you guys on the other side of the pond have Marine supply stores?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

reelmanjaap

Thanks lads for all the information so far.

The marine shops here don't do the yamalube unfortunately. I can get water resistant grease here in the local Coop shop. I would like to try Alan's trusted yamalube. I guess I will have to pay the premium price and just find a seller who will ship to Ireland.

Meanwhile I have been looking at Almaplex 1299. Has anybody have experience with this particular water resistant grease?

Tiddlerbasher

Any grease is better than no grease. Marine grease is better than 'ordinary' grease in the sea. This is why I went for a UK produced grease from Smith and Allan (and it contains Teflon and works well in cf drags ;)) Yamalube grease is available in the UK - It may be just marketing but it is referred to as 'Water Resistant' rather than the US version 'Marine'. Yamaha EU would not be drawn on what the differences may be (if any?)

Joao Tavares

According to the information on their Ebay site, Smith and Alan postso the UK only and thus won't post to Portugal. I don't know about Ireland.

Couldn't find the Synthetic Multi-Purpose PTFE Teflon Grease on their Amazon page. Lots of other lubes but not this one

It looks like a very nice product indeed, but if we can't order and have it posted outside the UK.....

João

Tiddlerbasher

Shipping to Portugal starts at £6.55 untracked (tracked shipping almost doubles the original price :o), If I were to buy it and ship to you - total cost approx. £17.50

philaroman

check what oil/grease is available locally for sewing machines (pref., industrial/high-speed/etc.)

make sure it's synthetic -- not petroleum-based...  should be same as reels, minus the additives for corrosion protection