Milwaukee's from Home Depot

Started by foakes, February 27, 2020, 12:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Got a notice on Monday that the Milwaukee line of tools was on sale at Home Depot.

Now, I really did not need another set of tools...however, the value was too good to pass up.

The M12 line of cordless tools has been nearly bulletproof for me.  Still have the original drill and impact driver that I bought in 2008.  No issues -- used on hundreds of jobs over the last 12 years -- batteries still good!  Been dropped from ladders, used in the rain and snow -- everything from carpenter work to mechanical work, reel work, deck screw driving, and more.

But, they are so good -- I was always going between the upstairs reel shop, outer reel shop, the woodshop, machine shop, off site construction jobs, and everywhere else.  Paid over $100 each for the (2) drivers 12 years ago.

Home Depot had a set with the small 3/8" drill/driver, Impact driver, and an additional cordless multi tool, a charger, (2) batteries, and a nice carrying case -- for $129.

Ordered them yesterday at 4:11 PM -- they show up at the house today at 12:17 PM.  Free shipping.  20 hours!

Now I will have a couple of these sets -- not as much back and forth.  

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rancanfish

Great little tools.  I have both 1/4" and 3/8th's ratchet drivers, recipro, pvc pipe cutter, and a drill driver.

The pvc cutter saved lots of time over the years rebuilding large irrigation manifolds.  No burrs to clean up.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

MarkT

The 12v are all you need working around the house especially with a couple of batteries and I've never burned through one on a job much less the second one.  If I was in the trades I'd have the 18-20v models and high-cap batteries but I can drive a lot of deck screws with the 12v versions.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

CW33919

I've never known a man to regret spending money on quality tools.  Nice set up!
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

bhale1

Milwaukee is now my favorite....Love those things...Gave up on Dewalt a while ago...
Brett

mrwilson99

I am a Milwaukee tools fan, have their FUEL line and they are my go to when I fix/maintain my cars.
David

foakes

My outer shop was just an old small barn with room for an upstairs and downstairs level.

800SF downstairs, 800SF upstairs after I built the staircase and top floor out.

Added (3) garage doors -- then partitioned the interior into 5 separate rooms downstairs -- and one larger one upstairs.

This has a glassed in reel shop, a tool and machine shop, two woodshops, and a garden shop.

Upstairs is storage for needed stuff through the year, plus storage for about 500 rods vertically.

Insulated everything, built out the walls, rooms, and access doors in between each shop for sawdust control and temperature efficiency.

Then I needed electrical -- lights, 20 amp plugs, 240V, and a multiple breaker sub-panel.

Decided to install Quad RACO boxes every 6' at 4' off the floor.  And each box would have (2) separate 20A circuits.  Everything was surface mounted -- with enclosed EMT conduit.

After doing the math, and balancing the circuits -- ended up with a plan for 128 duplex plugs in 64 RACO boxes.

When installing the boxes, EMT clamps, wire pigtails, grounds, and all of the other details -- the Milwaukee driver was perfect -- light, powerful, built in light, adjustable speed, adjustable clutch, quick and effective.

Bottom line -- This little, powerful, and well-balanced Milwaukee saved me tons of time and effort.  Had both drivers set up -- one with a 5/16" magnetic hex drive bit -- the second one with a Phillips.

With the clutch dialed down -- it is perfect for detailed electrical work along with reel work coupled with the variable speed control.

Lots of uses for these tools.

Best,

Fred
Quote from: mrwilson99 on February 27, 2020, 05:31:59 AM
I am a Milwaukee tools fan, have their FUEL line and they are my go to when I fix/maintain my cars.
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

scrinch

Well wouldn't you know it! I just replaced my 20-yr old Craftsman cordless set with a set of DeWalt 20v tools ten days ago (not on sale). The one old Craftsman battery that still functioned just wasn't holding much of a charge and I decided rather than buy new batteries again, I'd go for more modern tools too. I needed the set working at full capacity because I installed some additional solar panels on the roof over the weekend, and I didn't want to have to run up and down the ladder to recharge the battery. I guess I could have waited a week and gotten Milwaukees instead.

CW33919

That's one heck of an operation you have there Fred.  Great stuff!  Thanks for sharing the pics.
-Chris
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"