Main Menu

Hey Alex !

Started by Rivverrat, February 29, 2020, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I found a good use for the shot glass you sent me.

As my rod building progressed I was a bit amazed at the amount of  trash that accumulates.

As I got a little  better the amount of stuff tossed has become much less. Fewer mistakes on my part means less coffee filters & paper towels  used to wipe off mistakes in finish etc.

Hated always replacing quality brushes. Your shot glass holds a little Xylene / Xylenol in which I place my brushes.
Epoxy or any other finish used are simply wiped off & brushes are placed in shot glass with Xylenol.

When needed they are simply blown clean with compressed air & used. Brush remains soft & pliable .. Thanks Alex ... Jeff

steelfish

LOL, that is a pretty way to use the tequila shot glass !!

glad you find a good use for it on something you like and have it always on hand, you're welcome compadre !!

The Baja Guy

bhale1

always good to find a good purpose for something ;D....
Is that an old Ruger GP100 floating around in the background ???
Brett

MarkT

Well, ya know, I probably would've put tequila in but if it works for you...
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rivverrat

Brett, you made me look at the pic again. Yes it is. The grip insert gives it away. My custom grips suffered through more than 15000 rounds & finally cracked. The factory grips work well for most & are hard to improve on.

I've won a couple of local IPSC matches with that gun running against auto loaders some time ago. Dont know that I could muster such a thing today. This gun has gone with me overseas where it earned me the name      
     " Gramps " .     I have three other GP100's. Really like them along with my L frame Smiths... JEFF  

Rivverrat

Quote from: MarkT on March 03, 2020, 05:04:04 AM

Mark, I wish I could I really do. But the world is a much better place because I don't. However I hope to some day fish & sit later with you while you have a Tequila for yourself while also having 3 or more for me.

Now I can imagine this would be a good time... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on March 03, 2020, 05:04:04 AM

LOL somehow I missed this comment from Mark

I like tequila more than Beer, but Im no longer "enjoy" the hangover of the next day as when I was younger, so, I might get one or two shots of a good brand of tequila and a bottle of wine for the rest of the night.
I used to collect Tequila shot glass from every city I visited and have a nice collection but also used them a lot with some Don Julio or Herradura but not anymore.

The Baja Guy