Lake Gregory Trout

Started by Bill B, February 29, 2020, 10:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Don, I would love to tell you I used a DQ 110 microlite on a custom built rod, but in reality I used a generic made in China spinning reel on a generic 5' spinning rod.  The line was 10 lb mono with a #10 J hook and 3/4 oz of lead in a dropper loop.  Bait was nightcrawlers.  This trip was a relaxing bait and wait trip, with more waiting and baiting and beer.  I need to find me a DQ 110  ;)  though.

Newport thank you for the kind words. 

Thankfully the stay at home order is not being enforced at Lake Gregory right now, but we are keeping the usual "fish-distancing", except at the beer cooler  ;)...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Donnyboat

Thanks for the follow up Bill, good report, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Got back out on Gregory this weekend. Was beautiful weather for a float tube trip. We are in between seasons right now with carp at the top of the list. I made some corn meal bait and loaded some bass gear just in case. Had a good time just getting out but the fish were not cooperating.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tiddlerbasher

Hey Bill at least you got out there - I've spent the winter playing  with my tackle and still no fishing ;)
Things are starting to look better in the UK - I'm hoping some of my favourite fishing haunts open up soon. Jeesh I never envisaged times like this :(

Benni3

Still looks like a fun trip,,,,,, :D on carp I use white bread and corn juice,,,,,,,,, ;D