Rod pairing for XN Squidder

Started by ReelFishingProblems, March 03, 2020, 11:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on March 04, 2020, 08:19:23 PM
.. It's so sensitive I can feel when a fish swims by and looks at my bait.

LOL , I used to say the same thing 
sshh! compadre dont talk, the fish is looking at my bait I can feel it !!

@ Jeff
I actually have been looking the UC blanks for a light rod for Sierras (spanish macks) and cast 1-2oz lures to Sardineras (leopard grouper) and I really like the feel of the Musky rod and an Okuma shadow stalker rods I already have but of course now I want to build me something alike but with better quality but most important that could fight a bigger bycatch as Yellowtail or bigger model Grouper 30#, so far Im checking the UC RUS80 MegaBass 15-40 and RUS80 Mega 20-40, I dont have any way to test those blanks or pull them out in person, so I dont know if there is a significant difference on those two models.
I dont buying it right now but it would be nice to know for be prepared for when the moon and the stars align (money and dicounts).

The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Quote from: MarkT on March 04, 2020, 08:19:23 PM
A Predator for a Calcutta or a Saltist 20?  No, but if you want sensitive, just use spectra.  It's so sensitive I can feel when a fish swims by and looks at my bait.

Mark, I was stating Predator for use based on description in prior post while using the original reel he was asking about. I should have been more clear.

8' Predator the 7' may be a bit stiff for the use here with his hot rodded Squidder & intended purpose. Not the rod I would choose if using 40 more than 50... Jeff