450 SSG

Started by sharkman, March 04, 2020, 12:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

I have a 450ssg the line is laying heavy on the bottom. If I remove any shims the spool hits the rotor. I tore it a part nothing stiles out as being broke or worn out. Any ideas.

Rivverrat

Does the bail & line roller look straight & inline with spool ?  I'm working on the same issue with a different spinner. The bail or arm is more than likely bent.  I would remove as many shims as you can get away with then start tweaking the the bail arm assembly upward. Doesn't take much at all... Jeff

sharkman

Thanks Riverrat. You were right on the money. I was so focused on the internal functioning parts that I overlooked the problem. After reading your reply I started looking at the bail and other related components. The non armed side of rotor the insert is stripped. It looks like someone may have superglued the insert. The screw in frozen in the insert and the comes complete out under minimal pressure. It wasn't noticeable when working bail without line pressure.

Rivverrat

It's not often that my advice here is such a benefit. If you would post pics of what you found it could be a huge help to others... Jeff