420ss Drag Knob

Started by wfjord, August 14, 2020, 06:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfjord

Is there a newer Penn drag knob that will replace the original one and fit this reel?

The original knob on the reel developed a crack on one side that I just discovered.  I haven't used the reel in decades and don't want to pay $40 for an original NOS knob.

foakes

Should have one -- not home until later tonight -- will check and advise tonight or tomorrow if you still need one.

108 degrees down here in Fresno today.

Need to get back home.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wfjord

Thanks, Fred.

108 degrees is way too hot.

W

foakes

Here is a new old stock Black Drag knob for the 420SS, W --

$15 + $5.

You might find a used one for less.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wfjord

Sounds good --I'll take it. Sending PM.

Thanks

w

foakes

Packaged, addressed, and ready to drop off at the PO on Monday, Woody --

Thank You,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Aiala

Quote from: wfjord on August 14, 2020, 11:03:29 PM
108 degrees is way too hot.

I'd give anything for 108°... we're at 117° or higher for the next week...  :P  :-[

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

wfjord

Quote from: foakes on August 15, 2020, 07:36:27 PM
Packaged, addressed, and ready to drop off at the PO on Monday, Woody --

Thank You,

Fred

Thank you, Fred.  Much appreciated.

W

wfjord

Thank you for your help, Fred. The knob arrived and all is perfect with it. I'm posting a few pics here for visual reinforcement.... :)

Here's the 420ss seated, below, on one of two rods I had built specifically for light & ultra-light spinning tackle
back in the early-to-mid '80s on "LCI 96% Graphite" rod blanks from Loomis Composites, Inc.