Penn Battle II vs. Battle III 8000 comparison

Started by Hankzudd, July 21, 2023, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankzudd

performance wise, what's the biggest difference? looking at standard spec
sheets, they look very much the same as it relates their performance.

if you were buying a used one and the price was appropriate for condition,
would it make a difference to pay more for a Battle III if it was in the similar condition
to the II?

reel is going to be used with braid for offshore jigging & other types of fishing- thanks

ETA- i saw the Battle III has the CNC cut gear; are those interchangeable with the Battle II?

johndtuttle

The gear sets might very well interchange but you would have to replace the pinion and main as a set and know how to shim them to get the smoothest meshing.

Othewise, the Battle III have all brass in 6000 and above, machined aluminum main gear in the 5000 and below. Definitely an upgrade over the Battle II and well worth it.

Battle DX is all brass if you want the tougher gear in smaller sizes. Little tanks.

MarkT

As I recall, there wasn't much difference between the Battle and the Battle II, there's more difference with the Battle III. Alan Hawk has a good review of the Battle III... https://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/btl3/
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on August 02, 2023, 04:44:10 AMAs I recall, there wasn't much difference between the Battle and the Battle II, there's more difference with the Battle III.

yep, but you better wait till the Battle IV to come out on next year Icast, it will have tons of upgrades, I personally will wait till Battle VI edition, they promised it will be the best Battle edition ever !!

j/k aside, this all thing about new reel edition coming on the "next year" Icast is becoming the same than buying a new phone, you finally are "knowing" or learning how to use your phone when the new edition comes out  ::)  :P
The Baja Guy

MarkT

Quote from: steelfish on August 03, 2023, 12:40:38 AM
Quote from: MarkT on August 02, 2023, 04:44:10 AMAs I recall, there wasn't much difference between the Battle and the Battle II, there's more difference with the Battle III.

yep, but you better wait till the Battle IV to come out on next year Icast, it will have tons of upgrades, I personally will wait till Battle VI edition, they promised it will be the best Battle edition ever !!

j/k aside, this all thing about new reel edition coming on the "next year" Icast is becoming the same than buying a new phone, you finally are "knowing" or learning how to use your phone when the new edition comes out  ::)  :P

Wow, if it gets another upgrade to the Battle IV maybe it'll be almost as good as the Daiwa BG!

I only upgrade my phone every few years when my current one gets long in the tooth. My current Galaxy S21 is still going strong.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!