Loose Jack Post

Started by jkel, March 11, 2020, 01:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkel

The left side jack post on this bridge plate (from a P322-F) has very slight vertical and lateral play. Is it okay to use it as is or should I find a replacement bridge plate?

Newell Nut

Wow never heard of that problem before. If the reel works okay no worry but I would look for another bridge just in case it fails..
Dwight

alantani

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 11, 2020, 02:22:51 AM
Wow never heard of that problem before. If the reel works okay no worry but I would look for another bridge just in case it fails..
Dwight

i'll bet you could peen it and tighten it up alot!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Quote from: alantani on March 11, 2020, 03:28:03 AM
Dwight

Yep!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Quote from: foakes on March 11, 2020, 03:53:38 AM
Quote from: alantani on March 11, 2020, 03:28:03 AM
Dwight

Yep!

Best, Fred

Double Yep!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jkel

Just a few good taps should do it until it's snug?