AVET HX3/ S MC Raptor Problem

Started by tatch, March 14, 2020, 01:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatch

Hello chaps I have the above reel & while winding up a couple of large coalfish the anti reverse suddenly stopped working resulting in the handle whizzing round resulting in a sore hand trying to stop it ::). Anyway on stripping the reel I found one very mangled connecting rod & also the friction ring I've since ordered & fitted both these but on reassembly of the reel I'm getting a horrible clicking clunking sound. Does anyone have any idea what this could be I've stripped checked & double checked but cant for the life of me find a solution any ideas very much appreciated guys   

josa1

Well, hope this helps at least a little bit.

Here is a single speed JX tutorial that thoroughly explains the connection between the friction ring and the dog.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9313.0

I know that it's far from a Raptor but it might be helpful to look at a general assembly.

josa1

alantani

damage to the gears?  or a piece of metal stuck in the gear teeth?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

josa1

Another idea, you might try reassembly without the anti reverse parts.  If the noise goes away, you'll know the problem is in the assembly of those parts.  If not, well, be prepared to dig into the gear stack.

tatch

Thanks for your help chaps just got round to having another go at this reel the connecting rod as you can see got super mangled a couple of teeth needed tidying up but still sounds like an old tractor I'm wondering if it may be the end housing bearing suffered in the process of it all. But one thing more thing bugging me is the smaller gear in the pic seems to be stuck up above the other and i can see it happening again because of this i just checked a couple of other raptors and the end housing bearings sit flush with the casing not so the bearing in the hx3 its up a good .5mm to 1mm and I'm wondering if this is maybe the cause of the failure in the first place

alantani

once a gear tooth is damaged, the gear will never sound or feel smooth.  it has to be replaced.  i'm guessing that avet has seen this before.  whether they will do anything about it is another issue.  sorry this is worked out so poorly.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tatch

Aye ill try get another gear Alan see what that does if it doesn't make a difference i will have to send it over to Avet in the USA more than a little bit annoying and no doubt damned expensive but when you're stuck you're stuck  :'( i will get on with my other problem instead my bx 500 put it back together after fitting a new anti reverse bearing and now cant get any drag i am having one of those weeks  ::)