Costa Rica

Started by Swami805, March 15, 2020, 01:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Drove into town yesterday to load up on food at the super market, it's an hour each way with 10 miles of washboard dirt road, that was fun but that poor rental car haha. Got back at dusk and the wind had died!  Got up a 0 dark thirty but the wind was howling again!  Gave it hell anyway but not even a sniff but casting was almost impossible anyway.  Hoping it backs off again this afternoon and back at it
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

Be safe Sheridan, and have fun!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Swami805

Life is slow and easy.  Took the morning off from fishing today, super windy and I'm a little beat up from wading in the surf and rocks. Wind backed off Wednesday evening and yesterday so I pounded it pretty good. So far one needle fish and a couple decent hits is all I have for my efforts. Never seen a needle fish and they jump around pretty good.
Anyway it sure is nice here, there's a troupe of monkeys in the back yard now, don't see that every day.   Lots of new things to see in walking distance, we're micro touring our area instead of trying to see the whole country in a week.
Unless something changes we're staying until Monday, checked with the airline and they said they'll be flying. Feels really safe here and we're about as socially isolated as you can get, just hunkered down at the house
Here's a pic of a needle fish

xjchad

Sounds fun Sheridan!  Enjoy your stay!

alantani

looks like lots of fun, but get home safe as soon as you can!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

I've been busy and havent seen this post from you compadre Sheridan, happy for your to be able to scape from the madness for few days, nothing wrong with getting some time for you and enjoy a different beach even on windy days.
good luck on that rooster on the weekend and safe travel home.

this part of Baja is just started to get "mucho loco" on the shoppings, schools closed so, its like a summer vacation camp in my house, 3 kids at home whole 24hrs plus my wife thats is teacher also at home,  I really need to scape for few days to a beach with my fishing rod for 3 days !! with that said, I envy you.. a lot !

big hug amigo !
The Baja Guy

Swami805

"Turn out the lights, the party's over". Well not much to report, couple more needle fish that jumped a few times before winning their freedom.  As Benni would say "but that's ok". Got to fish and relax a bit, saw things I've never seen before.  We fly out tomorrow early morning, wish we could stay but not in the cards   I think this is the first time I've not looked forward to going home.
Not sure if I have a job still, hope we still have some TP at home
Thanks for reading and the well wishes

alantani

safe travels, my friend!   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xjchad

Get home safe Sheridan!

Let me know if you need anything!