Chad's Mag 10 Stand Conversions

Started by JRD, March 15, 2020, 06:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I love these Mag 10s and set out to see what their limits are.  First was the stand and after a futile search Chad came up with the idea to space out a 30-49 seat and enlarge the side plate holes.  He sent me over three sets and it was just what I was looking for.

Chad was doing crazy stuff with double dogs and level wind deletes and half frames but I'm a kitchen table reel mechanic so drilling and counter boring plates was the limit.  The conversion took about 20 minutes since I didn't have the right drill bit.  The stand conversion is a super addition and I've tried to get it to fail but have been unsuccessful.

The first picture is the original kit he sent me and the second is the latest one he sent along with the level wind deletes.

I've got parts for 12 Mag 10s 5 will be modified  and I will show the finished builds as I knock them out.  These are all for me and the Wife so that should show how much I'm liking these little reels.

JRD

Drilled, counter bored, deburred and washed.  About 20 minutes in.

xjchad

No wonder I can't find any more Mag 10's!
You have them all Randy!

Looking good buddy!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

JRD

Quote from: xjchad on March 15, 2020, 08:35:06 PM
No wonder I can't find any more Mag 10's!
You have them all Randy!

Looking good buddy!

I can hook you up!!!

JRD

Here are the first two.  Live bait and light surface iron pair.

I'm going to try the no -levelwind topless, I'm sure with Chads beefy cross bar and Ted's seat it's not going to fold up on me.

Alto Mare

Nice looking reels! I will eventually do the same to mine. I have a few 10 new.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

what a fun project you have going on, great looking rigs!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Maxed Out

Nice going Randy. Those spacers from Chad are the ticket !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

Those should work on a 210 correct?

Todd
Todd