Super small friend/ designed tackle box

Started by mmayo, April 18, 2020, 10:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

I offered a friend a custom box and he wanted small yet wanted jig storage. This is the result. It easily holds 16 full size jigs with room for 8 more plus random storage for pliers fluorocarbon etc.

After a sale of a similar box from a past customer I've decided this box will be called "the Cube" tackle box.

[img] https://i.imgur.com/rJtEqme.jpg[img]
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Ron Jones

I've been thinking of the same thing that will fit 1 1600 box next to the jigs. Perfect for a Panga. I've got a bunch of big leaf maple waiting. Just have to get the honey do list under control.

Mark, if you don't mind me asking, what spacing did you use for the jigs?

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mmayo

Quote from: Ron Jones on April 19, 2020, 03:04:16 AM
I've been thinking of the same thing that will fit 1 1600 box next to the jigs. Perfect for a Panga. I've got a bunch of big leaf maple waiting. Just have to get the honey do list under control.

Mark, if you don't mind me asking, what spacing did you use for the jigs?

The Man

There is 1" between holes with roughly 1" from each side.  A 7X touched the bottom, but fit.  Full size 6X and big JRI surface irons hung very well.  The box is 10" tall and is made of 1/2" African mahogany.

Best of luck, this was a one off according to his wish.

mmayo

Newell Nut

Alto Mare

Nothing but the best, coming from Mark.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

milne

Mark, I see a problem with your lure tackle box !!.
  It's to good to ruin with lures on the boat  ;D.

Seriously, that is absolutely beautiful work, working with wood is certainly not in my skill base.
I have often looked at the work you do and post up, it is a credit to you.
thanks for sharing.

Col

Cuttyhunker

Fine furniture, minimalist,  should last about 3 years longer than a rock
Doomed from childhood

gstours

Thanks for sharing your pictures,  very nice work, I'm inspired and wondering where did you get the spring hasp?  Bucket won't cut it any more.🎣😉

mmayo

Quote from: gstours on May 10, 2020, 03:37:23 PM
Thanks for sharing your pictures,  very nice work, I'm inspired and wondering where did you get the spring hasp?  Bucket won't cut it any more.🎣😉

Search eBay for stainless steel spring hasp.  Beware that the same hasp will have up to ten different prices and shipping fees.  Find the best deal. Pay attention to the size, some are bigger.  Best of luck building.

MarkT

I saw a pickup today with a plate that read chumlrd! Makes me think!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

mmayo

Quote from: MarkT on May 20, 2020, 04:18:29 AM
I saw a pickup today with a plate that read chumlrd! Makes me think!

Seemed to be the plate I saw during delivery.

Benni3

That looks fantastic,,,,, :D love the wood grain and the top matchs the bottom perfect,,, ;) great job man,,,,,,, ;D