New “cedar plug” lure collaboration with John Burke of Hawaii

Started by mmayo, March 17, 2020, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

These stainless steel heads from John are amazing. They should push a lot of water and leave a bubble trail. He will be marketing them when he evaluates my efforts. I know this - I want a couple!

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Hardy Boy

Those look great !! The heads that push water have done well for me on skirts, so it will be neat to see how they work on a "cedar" type plug. Might have to get a couple and hope the albacore make it this far North again this year !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Aiala

Magnificent! I'd love to try one on my November 11-day... please keep us apprised as to availability.  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

mmayo

I'll be sure to share if I know, but John will probably be the guy.  Fun project and I've asked to buy some heads already. 

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mmayo

More plugs, some for John and some for me. The wood is a rare bocote wood cut diagonally, red zebrawood and purpleheart.

Maxed Out

Those are some sweet tuna cigars Mark

I'd love to have a handful of these if there's any chance more are available.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mmayo

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 30, 2020, 03:21:05 AM
Those are some sweet tuna cigars Mark

I'd love to have a handful of these if there's any chance more are available.

Ted

Look for something from John Burke on this forum, he saw my earlier work here and reached out for a collaboration.  The ball is in his court, he seems pleased with the results.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mmayo

Quote from: Ron Jones on April 11, 2020, 01:25:40 AM
Bocote, very very nice!

Almost too nice to fish, but I will.  Surprisingly they stay finished after dragging them around offshore.  I am shocked how the CA glue finish held up.

IZBIT LURES

Aloha:

Posted some reply's to recent posts from Mark:

The Plugs are for sale look at the posts, or e-mail or DM me.  I have skirted ones and just the lure heads for sale.  2 patents pending and 3 trademarks.

Mahalo,

John
IZBIT Lures LLC
john@izbitlures.com
Instagram:  izbit_lures

IZBIT LURES
John Burke
Ka'a'awa, Hawaii
john@izbitlures.com
858-922-5977