PENN Service Department temporary closure

Started by Tunanorth, March 17, 2020, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunanorth

At PENN, we take pride in the durability of our world-class products. We also believe in providing the best consumer service possible, including through our Philadelphia-based reel service and repair team. Unfortunately, as required by new government regulations in response to the Coronavirus, the PENN facility responsible for parts, service, and reel repair will be closed through March 30th. At this time, we ask that you do not send reels for repair until April 1st, 2020. Any reels already onsite will be in our safekeeping until we resume regular operations. We will continue to update you on this situation via the PENN social media channels and website.

Tony DuBeck

PENN Fishing Tackle

Reel Services Supervisor

215-228-6377

Anthony.Dubeck@purefishing.com

Donnyboat

Thanks for the info Tony, you sure this is not a April fools Day joke, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tunanorth

Things are looking up!
It sounds like manufacturing businesses of this type in PA should be able to open by June 1.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tunanorth

Further update!
Looks like City of Philadelphia's "non-essential" ban is extended to June 5, which means Tony and crew won't really start until June 8.
They have a huge backlog to clear out, so definitely add a few weeks before they get totally back on track.

foakes

Thanks for the update, Steve --

And the best to Tony and the crew at Penn!

Tony, I am going to send you a personal email later today.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

I'm just glad the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tunanorth