Getting reely lucky.

Started by gstours, March 17, 2020, 08:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Someone stated that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Butt, I've tried to send you some pictures for your approval of a recent adventure with no success.    So I,m trying to see if it's my pictures are the problem.  Or the site?
   This test is only a text post.   Boring huh?😣

gstours

Now step 2:    A picture with minimal script.

gstours

The picture seemed to send.  One more.  Then some of the stories.

gstours

This is sent from a tablet and maybe the photosize was too large?  But it's working now?  That's the main thing.   
   The story was that our reduced king salmon season was cut again this year and ends March 31.
As the weather has moderated I felt like going to try,  at least go for a boat 🚣‍♀️ ride.
  My neighbor Ken has had a lot of medical problems butt was persuaded to ride along and fish .....
After a few days of trolling we got a strike.  It's pondamonium for a little while,  no movie 🎥 this time....
  The salmon was a white king inside.  The lucky🍀 plug was a King Kandy whole herring in a blue pearl persuasion.    We were happy with the plan.    You just never know?🤷‍♂️

foakes

It is not luck, Gary --

Roger Penske defines luck as --

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity".

For anyone who doesn't know who Roger Penske is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penske

Gary is in the same class when it comes to successfully landing large Kings & Butts.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Hardy Boy

White spring is my wife's favorite salmon to eat (after sockeye) ......................... nice fish and better eats !!! Fire up that bar b Q !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

gstours

Thanks toddy,  Today was a catch up honey do day, but did get in a short nap.  Tomorrow's a 🎣 nother adventure.  Getting up early,  scraping the ice off the boat windows will renew my determination.

gstours

The meat of a white king looks like halibut inside?  Maybe a cross?🐙🤔🤷‍♂️

Hardy Boy

I see teriyaki sauce in your future !! I might have to grab a chunk out of the freezer after seeing that !

Todd
Todd

Newell Nut

The belly meat from those fish is just amazing. Nothing else like it. Great catch by the way.
Dwight

gstours

we prize the belly and collars from any salmon.   If I ever get a reel big one the cheeks will be next.
   After filets are removed I always spoon scrape the backbone and get a cup or more of minced fresh salmon for salmon balls or patties.   Easy to use.   Oops, now I'm getting hungry 😋.

Dominick

Nice work.  Save some for dip.  Mary Jo makes the best.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Thanks Gary, nice pics, Ken not having any health ishuse there, nice grin on his face, keep well have fun, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

Beauty Gary. The white king is also great for smoking

Sorry to hear about shortened season. April seems to be better for springers around here.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!