alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Fred Hall show 16VISX video
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
November 26, 2020, 03:32:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred Hall show 16VISX video  (Read 1452 times)
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 07:25:22 AM »

it's the 8'3" phenix black diamond hybrid 838mh blank, custom wrapped by john vadney.  i had the lever pushed to full.  on my reel, that is 15 pounds of drag because i ground down the cam by hand to get the drag profile i wanted.  my reel gives me 9 pounds of drag at strike, 15 pounds at full and 18 pounds at sunset. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »

it's the 8'3" phenix black diamond hybrid 838mh blank, custom wrapped by john vadney.  i had the lever pushed to full.  on my reel, that is 15 pounds of drag because i ground down the cam by hand to get the drag profile i wanted.  my reel gives me 9 pounds of drag at strike, 15 pounds at full and 18 pounds at sunset. 

11 minutes to gaff is impressive. Did you use lower gear or high gear or both ??

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2020, 11:09:41 AM »

I've caught some small tuna on that rod, it is a magic wand. Guess that's what happens when John and Alan put there heads together.

Ronald Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
gstours
Firearms Group

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 08:56:27 PM »

Thanks for the great pictures folks,  i too am convinced the 16 visx is my best tool.  These reels are just amazing. 
    Alan.  thanks for sending me the crank arm,  Sorry about the blown out knee on your jeans.  All is good....... Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: