Penn 320 GTi Line Capacity

Started by TexasFish, March 21, 2020, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasFish

Does anyone know by actual experience or some reference material (which I have been unable to locate) the 30# mono line capacity for the 320 GTi?  Mystic Parts lists the capacity as 325yd for 15# mono.  Assuming the Mystic number is correct, my Google searches are returning all kinds of obviously erroneous answers. I thought I would reach out to the experts.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

akfish

You can get just over 200 yards of 30# mono on a 320. The "320" name indicated it would hold 300 yards of 20# mono.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

TexasFish

I had the same impression regarding the line capacity being in the name, until I picked up the numbers from Mystic Parts.  I am hoping to get something North of 250 30# mono ... maybe even 275yds of 30#.  Again looking for anything definitive like actual experience or something from Pennn from back in the day.  Anyway thanks for the response!!

Brewcrafter

I don't know how much help this is, but my 320GT levelwind box lists the following on the box (nothing on the paperwork or schematics inside, which is complete just doesn't list anything).  The following is printed on the box:

Gear Ratio 4.3:1
Cap: 320 Yds 20# Mono (pretty much what The Boss said)
295 Meters of .45mm Mono (I'm guessing that is the same, but maybe that can give you more direction)?

Unfortunately in my case I use it for a Lead Core trolling reel (hence the linecounter) and it holds about 120yds (12 colors) of 36# leadcore (diameter about .84mm) so I don't think my actual line capacity helps you.

Good luck, nice reel I love mine.  Hope this helps... - John

TexasFish

Thanks for the info.   I don't have a box and could not find a view of a box on Google searches that included line capacity.  Brewcrafter called it ... 320/20.  At least I can make an educated (sort of) guess from here. 

Thanks.  I do love this site !!!  Be well during the current outbreak.

TexasFish

Akfish you did call this one first.  My apologies.  Thanks!!

Brewcrafter

You're right, apologies it was AK Fish, don't know why I thought Alan was on this...