Rod Holder

Started by Mjg378, March 30, 2020, 05:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mjg378

On a positive note, the extra time allowed me to finish a project.    My regular sticks are in the garage storage room, easy access, but I have a few not used very often that I didn't want accidentally banged up.  I had red oak from another project.  Purchased  a pair of 4 tube SS holders (Cheapest I could find as they weren't going on a boat).   I had generic rod clips for storage I purchased awhile ago at bass pro.  I put this together glued and screwed with pocket holes for simplicity and strength. Finished with stain from yet another project.   When I first put the rods in it, I didn't have the cross braces and it rocked a little to much,  the cross pieces definitely helped.   Now it's in the office and they'll probably get more banged up cause I keep taking them out to look at 😂😂
Mike G

Not sure how to turn the picture right side up.  Maybe one of the moderators?

Ron Jones

Good tight joints, nicely done. I am looking at a corner thinking something like that would work swell.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Jimmer

Nice work Mike, where's the penn 50? 
-  Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Mjg378

Thanks Ron.  I'm really happy with it.  The only thing I might consider changing if I were to make it again is make it bigger!  😂.
  Jimmer!    Bought and sold a few but if you look in the back corner,  (I should have taken the cover off) is a penn 30VSX on a Calstar rod!  The other slot has the penn 16s but I removed it for the photo.
 Hope to fish with you guys again!!!
Mike G

steelfish

that ended up really nice buddy.

btw, can you tell me the inner diameter of SS tubes for standar rod holders, please?
The Baja Guy

Mjg378

Steelfish,  How about a picture.  1 5/8" inside measurement.  
Mike G

Cuttyhunker

Here's a homemade utility rack with 1 1/2" PVC holders. Started by just seizing the tubes in place with twine.  After the photo drilled the pvc through both sides the shank diameter of a sheet rock screw, then enlarged the outer holes so the screw head could pass through making a better mechanical fastening to the upright.  Wheels under the right angle 2 X 4s.
Could start with nicer wood for furniture and acetone off the PVC printing or paint the tubes.  Holds 16, works fine just look up when moving it if there are long rods to whack the overheads
Doomed from childhood

steelfish

Quote from: Mjg378 on March 31, 2020, 08:57:01 PM
Steelfish,  How about a picture.  1 5/8" inside measurement.  
Mike G

that will work... thanks
The Baja Guy