Diawa Sensor ST 2670

Started by wailua boy, March 22, 2020, 09:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wailua boy

I picked this reel up a few months ago but haven't fished with it yet. I think I got a deal at $18 plus shipping .

wailua boy

If anyone has info on reel, please share. Thanks

wailua boy

Pics

Silvers

I can give you just few informations about this reel.

In europe Daiwa has only one fixed location, this was in the UK.
At other countrys Daiwa was distributed from other companys, as example in Germany it was long time a company named as "Balzer".

And only UK has catalogues from Daiwa till 1990/91, Daiwa started in germany 1991 with self-distribution.

The reel was introduced here in germany 1986, in UK it isnt in any catalogue. That doesnt mean much, because Daiwa never showed all his products in the catalogues.
Best example is the BG-Series which was never in any UK-catalogue.

I added a picture from the 1986 Balzer-catalogue, which shows the complete series of the reel....sorry, its german language.

some features of this series

- ST1370/1670 with 1 ball bearing
- ST2670/4070/7070/9070 with 3 ball bearing
- silicon-nitride line roller
- rear drag & fighting drag

wailua boy

Quote from: Silvers on March 23, 2020, 03:10:48 PM
I can give you just few informations about this reel.

In europe Daiwa has only one fixed location, this was in the UK.
At other countrys Daiwa was distributed from other companys, as example in Germany it was long time a company named as "Balzer".

And only UK has catalogues from Daiwa till 1990/91, Daiwa started in germany 1991 with self-distribution.

The reel was introduced here in germany 1986, in UK it isnt in any catalogue. That doesnt mean much, because Daiwa never showed all his products in the catalogue
Best example is the BG-Series which was never in any UK-catalogue.

I added a picture from the 1986 Balzer-catalogue, which shows the complete series of the reel....sorry, its german language.

some features of this series

- ST1370/1670 with 1 ball bearing
- ST2670/4070/7070/9070 with 3 ball bearing
- silicon-nitride line roller
- rear drag & fighting drag

Thank you sir.