2020 Rod Project Completed

Started by Midway Tommy, March 21, 2020, 06:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

Wow, that's a lot of work Tommy but it has paid off with a great set of brand new custom rods made to suit your fishing. Have you got enough reels for them?  ;) ;D ;D

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: mhc on March 22, 2020, 11:43:23 AM
Wow, that's a lot of work Tommy but it has paid off with a great set of brand new custom rods made to suit your fishing. Have you got enough reels for them?  ;) ;D ;D

Mike

I think so.  :-\
;D

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Donnyboat

Gee Tommy, what do you do when your thinking about heading out fishing, place them on a revolving table, spin it with a blind fold on, & take a lucky pick, great collection, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on March 21, 2020, 06:19:06 PM
Quote from: steelfish on March 21, 2020, 07:11:03 AM
really nice rods Tommy congrats for reaching your goal for 2020.

can you tell me how those reel seats work ?
they look pretty minimalist and super light

They are minimal, that's why I like them and the only grip I'll use on a freshwater rod. You can perfectly balance your outfit by positioning the reel where ever you want. Those rings are aluminum, but they also make graphite rings, which are lighter but a little bulkier. I don't like the graphite rings because I have trouble getting them to bite into the cork and remain tight. The aluminum rings are at least twice, and maybe even three times, as heavy as the aluminum hood on a standard freshwater spinning reel seat. These have a raised flat area that slides over the reel foot. I don't use rod holders while boat fishing/trolling. We hold our rods so having a long extension behind the reel is actually a hindrance.

thanks tommy, have fun with those toys !

btw, nice collection of reels
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Nice work Tommy.  How much blackberry brandy did you consume while doing those rods?  See you got me thinking of blackberry brandy and I can't let it go.   ;D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

happyhooker

Rods lookin' good, Tommy, and those ABUs are a nice icing on the cake.

Frank

Balvar24

What no 4'6"?

But seriously, very nice.