Penn 80s Rebuild

Started by Earl, March 25, 2020, 08:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Hello everyone. Been a while since I last posted, so hope everyone is safe and healthy. I understand California is locked up tight, the same as us up in Ontario, Canada. Nothing open but essential services. I've been in self quarantine since my return from Mexico a week ago.
With time on my hands I've been addressing some old projects. Yesterday I finally put an old Mariner back together with new drag washers that has been in a box in pieces for 5 years. It was time well spent. While rummaging about I came upon a Penn 80s I bought in Florida 4 years ago. It is a clean reel and seems to function as it should, but I want to strip it right down and check everything, but can find no tutorials on this particular model. Can anyone suggest a similar reel tutorial that I could follow? I have rebuilt several Avets, including the T-rex, but no Internationals.
Thanks for any advice, and again, stay safe.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Earl

Thank you Sir. Exactly what I was looking for. On a different note, I seen your post a month or two ago on the WSF regarding a trip tp PV. It's been a couple of years since I've been there and I wonder if the restaurant you referred to used to be Eva'a Brickhouse? My fishing buddie's and I spent several memorable evening there.