Getting Prepared

Started by sharkman, March 25, 2020, 12:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Getting prepared for possible shelter in place. I thought this would be a good time to look over reels and make some upgrades. Trying to collect a few parts to work on some projects. Just received a 4/0 frame from Randy for a black side plate reel that has a 5+1 drag stack. Just placed order from Mystic Parts for: double dog bridge, ss gear sleeve, bryan young drag kit for framed jigmaster and bryan young drag kit for narrowed 200. Excited to put all of these together. This is one way for social distancing. Now just have to start looking and collecting some handles and knobs to complete. Stay safe everyone.

Keta

I finished my 501N last week.  Tiburon narrow frame, Ted's handle arm and handle, Pro Challenger DD bridge, gear set, yoke, and gear sleeve.  I can get 14.5# of drag but will fish it at 10#.  All I need to make it perfect is one of Ted's shift levers.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sharkman

That is a sweet looking reel.

Keta

What width are you going to make the Surfmaster 200, 150 or 100?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

vilters

mo65

Ted's handle looks great with that star...is that one of Pro Challenger's new stars?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sharkman

Keta, I am going to make 100 size.

Keta

The 100 is a good size, I also have a 150 I use for deeper water fishing.  

Quote from: mo65 on March 25, 2020, 03:18:10 PM
  Ted's handle looks great with that star...is that one of Pro Challenger's new stars?

Yes, a fine thread one to go with the PC 10 tooth fine thread gear sleeve.

Mark Twain

thorhammer

Nice one, Lee! Sounds like you are giving it the full treatment. Any idea what drag numbers look like on the 5.1 set?

Ted made me a couple of knobs with smaller grip for my smaller stuff like CC Squidder. I wish he was making more, but I'm still in line for blades- I love that intermediate length on jiggy-size to 4/0 size reels. I know you are reading this Ted, so when i don't answer your text it's because mt phone crapped over the weekend.  ;D New one today.

John

Keta

Quote from: thorhammer on March 25, 2020, 04:23:54 PM
Nice one, Lee! Sounds like you are giving it the full treatment. Any idea what drag numbers look like on the 5.1 set?

Ted made me a couple of knobs with smaller grip for my smaller stuff like CC Squidder. I wish he was making more, but I'm still in line for blades- I love that intermediate length on jiggy-size to 4/0 size reels. I know you are reading this Ted, so when i don't answer your text it's because mt phone crapped over the weekend.  ;D New one today.

John

14.5# without really forcing the star.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Really nice reel Lee! ...enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

scrinch

Sharkman, that sounds like the perfect use of your "shelter in place" time.

Lee, I've got a couple of jigmasters set up just like that, except for without the cool new star and handle. My most-used reels.

Maxed Out

Sharky, you have the best cure for stir craziness

Lee, Nice little stealth jigmastr you've created. Your black lever is in envelope and will ship soon

Thor, sorry but I didn't read your post, so didn't get your subliminal messaging to get blades to anodizer. Sorry to hear bout yure phone  ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Keta

Mark Twain

sharkman

Frame installed on 4/0. Thanks Randy frame is great. Now have to figure out the handle.