alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial This That and the Other Things
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
March 31, 2020, 10:30:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This That and the Other Things  (Read 379 times)
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 03:16:32 PM »

when we went to alaska, we had a dozen pulled up on the boat.  they never made it to the dock.  we popped off the heads, ripped off the shells, dipped them in soy sauce and ate them raw.  what a treat!!!!  Grin

In the 90's we ate at a high-end Chinese restaurant in Vancouver and they were served still moving.  Delicious!

Steve

Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 05:02:02 PM »

We eat the odd one raw also and they are very sweet. You just have to make sure they are not caught in areas with large fecal counts in the water or rinse them well first. I guess we get spoiled up here; if that kind of area/ fishing was anywhere near a major urban area it would be a gong show. Saw two boats fishing that day so ................ it was crowded !! Grin

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
bhale1
Photo Group

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 07:17:24 PM »

Oh boy, so here goes...Gonna ask a dumb, landlocked, Arizona native question....what is a prawn...looks like shrimp to me Huh?
Either way, looks like a good outing Grin
Brett
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »

Oh boy, so here goes...Gonna ask a dumb, landlocked, Arizona native question....what is a prawn...looks like shrimp to me Huh?
Either way, looks like a good outing Grin
Brett

We have craw dad's in our lakes and rivers. The term spot prawns is one used by fisheries department. They are actually just large shrimp. I've got some jumbo spot prawns that measured up to 12"

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 10:54:35 PM »

Subsistance and commercial fishing ok'ed too, does that mean no local shore or kayak fishing?!...
I thought subsistence fishing is what we've been doing.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
-steve
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 08:28:15 AM »

Ok. On the mainland I remember the term was used for Tribal Nation-land/waters/ persons.
Went for a walk on the south-side yesterday with very few people around-even in the resort area. Was able to lay out 100yds of line on the finely manicured lawn to get rid of the twists on my rigs.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
gstours
Firearms Group

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 08:35:17 AM »

Oh my,  you are lucky 🍀.  And right in your backyard.  Fresh is the best.  Thanks for the pictures.  
    We have had some poor years for our local shrimp 🦐.  We have no Dungeness crab with in daily boating distance as the protected sea otters have scouwered the ocean floor.
  Thanks again for sharing your great fun trip,  I must come up with a plan.  
Hardy Boy
Firearms Group

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 09:06:25 AM »

Gary: We have those swimming eating machines as well. There are still crab but they only survive in numbers at 200 feet or so. No more catching them in the shallows as they can only survive below where the otters feed.

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: