Completed jigmaster build

Started by kimopods, March 25, 2020, 07:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimopods

So this past weekend I got to add possibly the final piece to my jigmaster. Cortez Conversion's custom side plates.

The completed build now consists of:
-Cortez Conversion's side plates (ice blue)
-Tiburon "super jigmaster" frame and spool combo (silver)
-Ultimate Upgardes 5+1 drag stack
-Pro Challenger
•SS 5:1 gear set
•SS 10 tooth gear sleeve
•SS double dog bridge
•SS yoke, eccentric jack
•offset handle arm (silver)
•Eva knob (45mm)
-Ebay star drag wheel (gunmetal)

I would like to personally thank Alan T., Alan C. (Pro Challenger), Randy Pauly (Vintage Offshore Tackle), Bryan Young (Ultimate Upgrades), Tom Hryniuk (Cortez Conversions), Sal (Alto Mare) as well as the entire community here as a whole, who have made it possible to acquire parts and assemble this reel. There is a ton of great products, help and information here that can't go unappreciated. Thank you and Aloha.

James

mo65

I love it! How will you fish it? I'm betting some deep water. What a sweet reel. Congrats on a killer build! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

Awesome custom build there, love it!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

Nicely done !!

Your jigmaster now has same capacity as a 113h
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

kimopods

Quote from: mo65 on March 25, 2020, 08:08:10 PM
   I love it! How will you fish it? I'm betting some deep water. What a sweet reel. Congrats on a killer build! 8)
Thanks! This will be dedicated to shoreline/surf casting paired to a 14' pole. Mainly targeting oio (bonefish) here in the islands.

kimopods

kimopods

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 25, 2020, 10:07:54 PM

Nicely done !!

Thank you, I did not know that. I was unable to find any line capacity specs for the super jigmaster set up, can anyone chime in? It's spooled with 30lb mono right now and all i know is it holds A LOT.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: kimopods on March 25, 2020, 10:32:42 PM

Nicely done !!

Thank you, I did not know that. I was unable to find any line capacity specs for the super jigmaster set up, can anyone chime in? It's spooled with 30lb mono right now and all i know is it holds A LOT.

It should hold 9% more line than the Yellowfin Special (3"/2.75") and the Yellowfin Special should hold 440 yards of 30 lb. mono according to Newell, so theoretically the Super Jigmaster should hold around 480 yards.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kimopods

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 25, 2020, 10:56:36 PM
Quote from: kimopods on March 25, 2020, 10:32:42 PM

Nicely done !!

It should hold 9% more line than the Yellowfin Special (3"/2.75") and the Yellowfin Special should hold 440 yards of 30 lb. mono according to Newell, so theoretically the Super Jigmaster should hold around 480 yards.

Thanks for the clarification Randy! I purchased the kit from you a few years back, thank you again.

bhale1

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bryan Young

That's one beautiful reel.  I hope you can fish it very soon.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Donnyboat

Hi James, sweet reel for sure, you would get a lot more 30 Lb braid on it, 7 a short mono top shot, that reel will last for century's, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat