Question about current Senator reels and Tiburon frames

Started by Tile, March 28, 2020, 03:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

I am wondering if a Tiburon one piece frame for a standard Senator 4/0 is fitting the current generation of Senators and in particular the Senator 113H2.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am not sure.  Tiburon says on their website that their kits will not fit the Chinese reels.  I only deal in the made in USA Senators, so I have never had an opportunity to try to install a Tiburon frame on any of the Chinese reels.

Tile

Looks like I have to track down a good US made Senator.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If you might be interested in a complete 113 4/0 Senator with a new topless Tiburon frame in either Electric Blue or a light shade of purple for $95 PayPal plus shipping to Great Britain.  The side plate assemblies would be in good but not mint condition.  The spool would be metal.  Add $30 if you would prefer the 113H  Senator with red side plates and aluminum spool.

Tile

I found a Senator 113 HLW on eBay and will add a silver Tiburon frame to it.

Tile

Here she is, the 113HLW 4/0 Senator. After a quick service I discovered that the reel already has the HT-100 drag washers, not sure if they were present from factory or were added later on as there was a lot of Cal's grease on the geartrain.

Maxed Out

Check the frame screws on your 113hlw. If the graphite frame screws are self tapping, then they won't screw into any aftermarket frame.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tile

The graphite frame on this particular rel has brass inserts, so no self tappers here :) . The reel in question is an US-made one. The next step is to clean all the patina on the brass parts and to fully relube it. The main gear and pinion were almost caked in Cal's grease.

Tile

After having a look on the images of the sides both from the older and newer generation Senators, there is a good chance that the Tiburon frames may be a direct fitment, albeit the number of screws per side may be less ( or more if someone decides to use older style rings as guides to make new extra holes fpr more affixing screws)