Johnny Morris JMX 10 SHLA User Guide and a question

Started by Dogjaw, March 14, 2022, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogjaw

Hi Chaps,
I have owned this reel from new but unfortunately have mislaid the user guide with particular reference to setting up the dual drag system.
Does anyone have a copy that they could scan or alternatively direct me to?
Also, what's the trick to remove the handle for servicing?
I remember it involved pressing the star drag knob in or some such.
Any help will be greatly appreciated before I use it on the Zambezi Tigers later this year!

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dogjaw

Quote from: Wompus Cat on March 14, 2022, 01:43:50 PMMaybe this will help

Thanks for the quick reply, but there is only the parts diagram despite the fact that they state that it's also the use manual.

Wompus Cat

Well those Dirty Rats say there is a user Manual in their page . Maybe they are talking about a User Named Manual  ::)
THere are some u-tub videos that show how to replace bearings and saw one that show cast controls  but no per se actual user manual .

philaroman

post photos of your reel in Daiwa section & most likely someone will recognize it
pretty sure older JM/Prodigy lo-pro baitcasters were Daiwa OEM...  
(if newer ones are not -- a vague, unsupported notion they might be Pflueger)
in any case, BPS/Cabela's don't design new lo-pro features -- their top store-brand models 
are brand-name OEM & somewhere there's a branded reel w/ same "dual drag system"

just guessing...  most common "standard" set-up:
FIRST, set friction spool control on handle side, so that casting weight drops slowly
THEN, fine-tune centrifugal OR magnetic cast control on other side

Wompus Cat

Yep on the Tuning for casting and drag . As I mentioned there are some  U-Tube vids on that .
I will post the links when I find them again if you like ,,,,,,,,,,,,Might help. :-\

steelfish

Dual drag on a Low profile baitcaster?

maybe its just the standard carbon washer inside the main gear and just another carbon washer the under main gear.
The Baja Guy

Dogjaw

Thanks guys, I have the parts list (although none needed, fortunately) and I have had a look at several You-tube vids.
Sensei, it's a genuine dual drag reel
I now understand that the centrifugal brake controls backlash at the beginning of the cast and the mags prevent over run at the end,
And of course the spool tension knob is set to the weight of the lure.
Tricky little blighter!