9' Revalation Ultralight

Started by Rivverrat, April 03, 2020, 02:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Nice build Jeff! Beautiful rod, I love the details!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

festus

Wow, great looking combo there.  Would be perfect for crappie and other panfish.

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Jimmer

Wow Jeff - that's really nice. I've got to try a rod build when I get everything else caught up. Thanks for posting that.  -  Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Very nice Jeff! Is that you with your dad on the pic?
Good job...enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 03, 2020, 06:28:45 PM
   ..... Is that you with your dad on the pic?
Good job...enjoy it!

Sal

Sal, I'm building this rod & another for two brothers who's father passed 2 or so years ago.

For those who may not know...
  Love building rods. I am at present taking more work.
If your kicking around the idea of a custom rod or you have an old favorite you like to see brought back to life.  Please send me a PM ... Jeff

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rivverrat on April 04, 2020, 01:34:38 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on April 03, 2020, 06:28:45 PM
   ..... Is that you with your dad on the pic?
Good job...enjoy it!

Sal

Sal, I'm building this rod & another for two brothers who's father passed 2 or so years ago.

For those who may not know...
  Love building rods. I am at present taking more work.
If your kicking around the idea of a custom rod or you have an old favorite you like to see brought back to life.  Please send me a PM ... Jeff
Oh, that is a beautiful thing Jeff!... keep up your great work.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Sal, Thank You. You get & stay healthy !  You got Maggy to take care of... Jeff

steelfish

really cool build compadre Jeff

after searching for a thing on my miscellneous box of rod building I found two of those of those TN grips/reelseat, identical to yours and also a bunch of cork rings, so, with your permit, I might do something alike if I ever build a UL BTS rod from my fly blank.
The Baja Guy

Brewcrafter

Beautiful workmanship!  And I really like the nice touch of using X-Wrap to create a reel seat to keep the cork from getting gouged or worn, this is the first time I've seen that and it looks like a great idea! - john

publius

I bet you can sling a little beetlespin or Roostertail a mile with that thing.

Swami805

Nice looking rod,came out great. Using the shrink on the handle is a great idea!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

Thanks Fellas, not building many UL rods as of yet. You know what building this rod reminds me of the fun I had fishing ultra lights as a kid. I get time I'm building myself one probably a 2 pc. Lamiglass. I've a 7'6" St Croix UL now I'm wanting a longer one... Jeff

The Fishing Hobby