Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Riy2018 on August 21, 2020, 01:15:00 PM
Abu Garcia 9000, 10000 - frames without level wind.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Riy2018

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on August 21, 2020, 10:43:14 PM
Quote from: Riy2018 on August 21, 2020, 01:15:00 PM
Abu Garcia 9000, 10000 - frames without level wind.

Thank you for your suggestion. 
British PMR does aluminium frames for Abu`s. I would love to order one like that from Tuburon.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Those are beautiful frames, but it would require a completely new project with Tiburon, with extensive engineering costs, and the risks of teething pains, none of which I would like to share.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Aiala on August 20, 2020, 03:09:55 PM
Frames for the classic 12T Internationals...?   :)

~A~

Dear Lannie and Jim,

I called Tiburon today to find out about what it would take to run the topless 12T/12LT frames again, and to see if it they could make a frame that would also work with the original 12/12H.  I was surprised to learn that Tiburon currently has 8 topless frames in stock for the original 12 and 12H.  Unfortunately, they have no stock on the newer topless frame for the 12T and 12LT, but they did say that if we would order 15 frames that they would run them for us.  They would be $107.95 plus $5.70 for shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking.

There are 4 kits available now for immediate shipment for the original 12 and 12H.  We could bite the bullet and order the 15 kits for the 12T and 12LT if we could generate pre-orders with $20 deposits for 10 kits.  The balance would not be due until the kits are ready.  Please post here or send a PM if any of the above would work for you.

Thank you!

sabaman1

Randy, thanks for looking into that! I would be in for 1 12lt kit. Hopefully there are others interested as well.
JIM

ReelPatina

So only 40 more P16XN orders to get this done... lol come one guys buy multiple, stocking stuffers, and some for future grandkids! We all have reels hanging around that we don't use... might as well order this one so at least " that" reel will be a looker sitting in the garage or basement corner!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: sabaman1 on August 24, 2020, 10:57:47 PM
Randy, thanks for looking into that! I would be in for 1 12lt kit. Hopefully there are others interested as well.

Jim, I'm sorry to say that it looks like another run of topless Tiburon frames for the International 12T and 12LT is DOA, at least for the moment.  There has been very little interest.  Tiburon does have topless frames in stock for the original 12 and 12H.

Thanks for giving it a try.

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: ReelPatina on September 15, 2020, 08:35:58 PM
So only 40 more P16XN orders to get this done... lol come one guys buy multiple, stocking stuffers, and some for future grandkids! We all have reels hanging around that we don't use... might as well order this one so at least " that" reel will be a looker sitting in the garage or basement corner!

Thank you for your post.  I would love to run the P16XN kits again if it looks like we can sell 'em!

Randy

mo65

I too would like to see another run of P16XN kits. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rocket Dog

I'm still on the board with a TXN4 set up for a Baja 113H.. Dreamer, but I would buy two.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rocket Dog on September 16, 2020, 12:54:12 AM
I'm still on the board with a TXN4 set up for a Baja 113H.. Dreamer, but I would buy two.

Jose, I have had a total of 8 requests for an extra narrow Baja 113HN kit.  As it would be a completely different from any product that Tiburon has produced in the past, I am pretty sure that they are going to require a significant opening order and an engineering fee.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm and support, but we have a long way to go to get close to getting this project off of the ground.

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mo65 on September 15, 2020, 10:52:14 PM
   I too would like to see another run of P16XN kits. 8)

Thank you Mo.  We have requests for a total of 4 P16XN kits plus 8 XN kits for the Surfmaster 100, which uses the same frame and spool body but a different shaft.  If we could get up to a total of 35 combined kits, including no less than 20 100XNs, we could place the order.

Thanks again,

Randy

scrinch

Randy, I'd go for an XN Surfmaster kit.

Jenx

Rivverrat

After a short time with a Pro Gear 545 I am wondering if this may be a be a possibility ?   A true 4/0 size reel is going to grab more line with each turn of the handle but the 545 is of a much more user friendly size using already available 4/0 parts... Jeff