Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: sharkman on October 02, 2020, 10:22:49 AM
How about narrow Long Beach frame.

There is already a frame for the 65,66, and 67. Well, not a whole frame, but a sturdy aftermarket aluminum seat that allows for longer seat screws. A whole frame would not be cost effective, as Rudy has already explained

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Ted, where is this seat of which you speak? Maybe I'm having a brain freeze.

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on October 05, 2020, 03:49:08 PM
Ted, where is this seat of which you speak? Maybe I'm having a brain freeze.

I think Ted is referring to his own Maxed Out reel seat, a worthy upgrade to any stock Penn reel. Something else you can do if you like Long Beaches...everyone always forgets about the 267/268 LB. It comes stock with a half frame, they are a good solid reel. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Sharkman for the suggestion about the Long Beach upgrade.  Both Ted and Mo have offered great suggestions for the large Long Beach models.  As Rudy pointed out, the 113H Senator offers drastically improved performance right out of the box, with a huge selection of performance upgrades available, in the roughly same size category.

mo65

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on October 05, 2020, 05:55:58 PM
 Both Ted and Mo have offered great suggestions for the large Long Beach models.  

Randy,
  Didn't Tiburon make a LB 60 frame years ago? Or maybe it was a 2/0 Senator frame? I know Ted told me about it years ago, but it probably spilled out over the top, as my mind won't hold all the info he shares. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You are right Mo.  Tiburon made a special run of 2/0 Senator frames many years ago.  I very rarely come across them.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 01, 2020, 08:31:51 PM
    Just throwing this out there. What is the possibility of a 545 / 3/0 N size reel with 4/0-6/0 guts & floating shaft. I believe there is a plus to using the 6/0 parts on a 3/0 reel. The brass / bronze gears & sleeve should hold up fine for most saving the cost of stainless with better drag performance regarding heat & smoothness.

Randy, I guess I'm just wondering about a 3/0 N or XN with beefed up drags. Not necessarily anything new. Would be neat if the 545 frame could be had with a free floating spool. I'm just dreaming... Jeff 

Jeff, I really appreciate your suggestion.  I also love the Pro Gear USA 545 and also the old Pro Gear GR3000, as they provide the 113H drive train in a 3/0 size package, and I buy them whenever I can find a good deal on a nice one.  

Regarding an upgraded 3/0 narrow, we have already run the T3N kit (1 5/8" wide) for the 112H 3/0 Senator, and it's a great little reel.  I would assume that Bryan Young's Jigmaster drag upgrades will work in the 112H.  I would love to run those kits again if enough people asked for them, and we could probably get Tiburon to accept a smaller minimum quantity as all of the engineering has been done, but I would guess that the lack of demand is because there isn't much difference performance-wise between the 112H and the Jigmaster.  Here on the left coast, fishermen have traditionally chosen the Jigmaster over the 112H by a 100+ to 1 margin.

Thanks again,

Randy

Rancanfish

Randy, I know this thread is all over the place but I would like to make a comment.  I love the Jigmaster narrow (and agree with the 3/0 narrow comment), but I have a new preference.

I am up for a couple of the narrow Newell series when they come around again.  Having average sized hands, the 21XN was just barely too big to palm so the narrow Newell would still have the same guts as a jiggy, but more comfortable. 

You can't please everyone so just please me.   lol.  Good luck in whatever you come up with bud.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for your input Randy.  We made a couple of runs of extra narrow kits for the Newell 200 series, which as you know is approximately the same diameter as the Penn Squidder.  I would love to run them again, and I have a growing list of requests for them.  Would that work for you?

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

ProMariner

Randy,
You can add my name to the list for a N220XN in all black if you run them again.

Thanks,

John

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: ProMariner on October 07, 2020, 12:26:09 AM
Randy,
You can add my name to the list for a N220XN in all black if you run them again.

Thanks,

John

Will do John.  Thank you!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rancanfish on October 05, 2020, 09:34:35 PM
That's affirmative Sir!

Thank you Randy!  We are about halfway there for another run of the N220XN kits.

ReelPatina

How far off are we on the 100/146XN s ? It's Togging season over here in the Northeast!!!!

CooldadE

How much line are y'all able to pack on these N220XN kits ?

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...