Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: JK47 on November 24, 2020, 02:24:41 PM
Quote from: CooldadE on October 21, 2020, 01:55:09 AM
How much line are y'all able to pack on these N220XN kits ?

Cool

I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 370yds of 30# Power Pro on mine.

Thank you for the info Alek.

Bill B

Randy how about a frame for the Penn 320 GTi?  The internals of the reel are pretty robust, far stronger than the graphite frame....maybe standard and narrow width.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

The 320 GTI is a fast squidder, yes plese.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I would love to do a 320 frame, but Tiburon has never done a frame for a levelwind and I don't want to pioneer the product.  Like they used to say, a pioneer is someone with three arrows in his back.

thorhammer

Imma go onna limb- but I bet no one wants the levelwind if putting in a Tib frame. The 320 has 4/0 size drags, pretty formidable light rig with 50 / 65 braid and a Tib frame. I think there are SS sleeves around for them as well. I'm a fan of the GTi's for many things; I know Alan likes the 320 in specific as well.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

John, if enough people wanted a non-levelwind 320 GTI frame, I would be happy to ask Tiburon for a price, but that model already has a one-piece frame.

Bill B

Put me down for 1 maybe 2. The frame doesn't have to be 1 piece frame.  A frame and left side plate would work for me.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Rocket Dog

Hi Randy, Any new projects in the works? Still looking to get a 300XN kit for my Newell or that XN Baja.

Rivverrat

Guys I can get lost in this. I am most certain many can take me to school with their knowledge of Penn reels. However when I think of a reel that's not available It has to be a 4/0 with 6/0 innards.

In my mind a reel like this could very possibly make all the drag one could want using brass, factory stock pieces. Keeping the over all price of building one cheaper. Would/Could this work ? ...Jeff

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 11, 2021, 05:11:13 PM

Guys I can get lost in this. I am most certain many can take me to school with their knowledge of Penn reels. However when I think of a reel that's not available It has to be a 4/0 with 6/0 innards.

In my mind a reel like this could very possibly make all the drag one could want using brass, factory stock pieces. Keeping the over all price of building one cheaper. Would/Could this work ? ...Jeff

Jeff, here is exactly what the doctor ordered. A pair of Accurate 4/0 Magnums in unused near mint condition.  Note the bulge at the bottom of the right side plate to accommodate the 114H 6/0 Senator gears.  They aren't cheap but they are yours if you want them.

thorhammer

If one wanted to pull on a star drag as hard as one possibly could this would be a great place to start, and see if you can break it fighting stand-up. I'm not real sure you could break this reel in your hands with any mono, if you had SS sleeve.

Rivverrat

PM sent

Rivverrat

Quote from: thorhammer on February 11, 2021, 05:40:36 PM
If one wanted to pull on a star drag as hard as one possibly could this would be a great place to start, and see if you can break it fighting stand-up. I'm not real sure you could break this reel in your hands with any mono, if you had SS sleeve.

Do you think one could break the brass sleeve ? In my mind I question this... Jeff

Ron Jones

Assuming the sleeve was in good shape when you put the bait in the water, there isn't a fish on the planet that would "break" it. If you maxed out 7 drag disks or a versa drag, you would eventually round it off, but if you did it with one fish you are a very strong person indeed.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"