Rogan's PC jiggy

Started by rogan, April 05, 2020, 12:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogan

Well, it took me a long time, but I finally got the PC jiggy built.  Bought the frame and spool kit from Alan when the first scratch and dent models were offered, then had to wait a bit to afford the pc internals.  Assemble was challenging for me since this is my first built from scratch reel; forgot to order some parts, bent or lost a couple springs, tried super hard not to add customized screwdriver scratches to the frame, etc.  All of the problem were me, the parts all fit together extremely well, very high precision fit.  I decided to try the 50mm handle, since this is going with me to cedros in September for throwing iron.  Casting is easy, so easy that it makes me look really good.

I took some used 30lb mono off an auction site reel just to be able to test it, i was able to get 12lb of drag with no issues and i know it will do more, but with 30lb mono i wasn't going to test further.

Thank you to: Pro Challenge, Mystic, Ted and all the others who have made this site so great.

Swami805

Came out really nice, cool handle.
Been fishing mine for about a year so the gears are broken in,nice and smooth, you'll love it. Have it filled with 65lb braid, wouldn't hesitate to fish 50 on it
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !