Never Before Seen (Until Now) Penn Prototype!

Started by Spyderman, April 10, 2020, 03:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyderman

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 11, 2020, 05:50:12 AM
You can buy one already built

Just google "fishing reel toilet paper holder"  ;D  ;D

Just Googled it, and there's a bunch of them out there!  :D

Spyderman

Quote from: Robert Janssen on April 11, 2020, 07:52:01 AM
Love it! Great job!
I used to have a giant Everol of similar caliber, maybe from the same vault! Yours shows much better craftsmanship though.

Thanks Bob!  I seriously doubt the quality is anywhere near close to the perfection of an Everol reel. :D  I've only owned one Everol reel, and it was a gem.

Spyderman

Quote from: Caranx on April 11, 2020, 09:35:29 AM
How long did it take? That's some craftsmanship there! I think you could have made the spool out of wood too. 👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks!  It took a little over a year to cobble together.  I worked on it on and off as time and mood permitted.  I brought it down the homestretch these past two weeks, as confinement definitely provided the time and focus to git 'er done.  ;D

wfjord

Nice work!  Your craftsmanship and creativity are really impressive.  It definitely needs to be on display somewhere.

I was getting savvy to the joke, but at the same time thinking at the outside chance you were trying to make a serious claim, it was going to be really interesting to see how you were going to wiggle out of it.  :)

Spyderman

Quote from: wfjord on April 11, 2020, 04:25:41 PM
Nice work!  Your craftsmanship and creativity are really impressive.  It definitely needs to be on display somewhere.

I was getting savvy to the joke, but at the same time thinking at the outside chance you trying to make a serious claim, it was going to be really interesting to see how you were going to wiggle out of it.  :)

I can wiggle like a worm on a hook if I have to.  ;)

Spyderman

Greetings all!

After quite a bit of thought, I've decided to offer my 'prototype' reel for sale.  Price is $300, and I'll cover the shipping to any U.S. address.  Great piece to display with your reel collection, or just as a piece of unique fishing folk art.  Anyone interested?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Are those side plates really made of wood?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Brewcrafter

Well, there is that absolutely gorgeous Penn Reels display stand that Chris recently shared (and I do hope we get to see it with some neat reels on it) but I would be afraid this reel, while a conversation piece, might actually make it collapse  :D - john

Brewcrafter

But then I do like the concept that it's really just a 9/0 next to some Barbie Doll props... - john

ReelFishingProblems

Could you make an even bigger one to be used as a garden hose winder/storage?