280 Finessa/110N(Ted&Fred)

Started by jgp12000, April 12, 2020, 12:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

Ted gave me this 280 Finessa that was in his bar for 25 years and I asked Fred to restore it.As you can see it looks new now.A 61 year old reel back to life and I will be using it soon.I also asked Fred if I could get one of his restored 110Ns.I put it to use this evening,and soon my cork disappeared my pole was bent over double, to my surprise it was a nice bluegill.

Thank you,
Fred and Ted !

Alto Mare

You got yourself a keepsake from two top notch guys on our site...very valuable.
That reel looks brand new...nice job Fred!...enjoy it jgp!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

festus

Putting that 110N to good use, they're perfect for bluegill.

xjchad

Beautiful reels from great guys!
The highlight for me is that view!
My dream backyard!  :o
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

Lol, the reel I gave you appeared to be run over by a Mack truck. Fred can take all the credit for the new lease on life

Too bad you're forced to isolate yourself on your own fishing hole, that must be driving you nuts  :D  :D. Love your rod holder. Gotta keep hands free for sipping a cold beverage ! Nice fat bluegill !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

jgp12000

Yes Ted I have been "Teleworking" the last 3 weeks,freezer full of fish.I am getting use to this  isolation "reel" easy...The days fly by at home.It's making me think more about retirement.I just filled up all the deer feeders so I can watch them til next season,this coronavirus has made me want to get some more cubed and ground.

jgp12000

Last year for some reason Academy had 6'0 lightning rods marked $10 while the other lengths were $40,I got 5 of them before they were gone gave 2 as gifts.It is a nice match with the 110N,very sensitive in med-heavy good for bream or bass.

jgp12000

I caught one of our carp(30") tonight on a cricket with the 110N Fred built for me,the 12lber was pulling drag like a redfish...but the 110N won.

philaroman

nice grassie...  put the 285 out w/ some corn, for his 30-40-lb. mama

jgp12000

I have an automatic feeder, the carp like the aquamax food, but they are getting spoiled not eating the dollar weed as much as intended.They are getting fat now.I imagine a 30lber would be quite a battle.

philaroman

someone (here or CAG?) with a pond & grassies for weed control,
mentioned that they normally become less voracious as they mature
especially in a smaller body, w/ no competition for food
& no significant predation, once they reach a certain size

maybe they need a little Flathead motivation, to start eating & growing ;)