D.A.M. Quick Fly Reel

Started by foakes, April 13, 2020, 12:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Here is one that has never been on a rod.

It is well made and solid.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Hi Fred, if it is like other Dam Quick reels it should last many decades, with a little TLC, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

jurelometer

oc1

Man, this is going to be difficult.  Discussing the finer points of a fly reel will be like discussing the finer points of a hammer.  Hopefully, I'm missing something.
-steve

foakes

Quote from: jurelometer on April 13, 2020, 05:19:38 AM
Do we get to see inside?

Here it is, Dave --

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jurelometer

Quote from: foakes on April 13, 2020, 04:12:31 PM
Quote from: jurelometer on April 13, 2020, 05:19:38 AM
Do we get to see inside?

Here it is, Dave --

Best, Fred

Thanks Fred.

That is one clean little reel!

Quote from: oc1 on April 13, 2020, 06:25:43 AM
Man, this is going to be difficult.  Discussing the finer points of a fly reel will be like discussing the finer points of a hammer.  Hopefully, I'm missing something.
-steve

Look at those internals.  Much more complicated than a hammer.    More on the order of a pair of vice grips  :)

We probably have  five gazillion posts on the relative merits of under gear washer materials for star drag conventional  reels.   We will think of something  :)

Donnyboat

Hi Steve, you say your missing something, yes the trout, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

Nice clean little panfish reel with what I'd call a light duty offset disc drag. That's the first and only DAM Quick fly reel I've ever seen.

Totally worthless for pulling a nail, though.

Balvar24

I've got it's little brother, a 45.

Rancanfish

There are brand new Dam Quick Finessa fly reels on the Bay.  Dam is still making fly reels?

Yes, apparently. They have anti reverse roller bearing, brass drive, SS in there, etc.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Rancanfish

Fred, can you give me some dimensions on the reel, like diameter, width & weight.  That might be a fun one to fish with.

foakes

Quote from: Rancanfish on June 29, 2020, 02:45:12 AM
Fred, can you give me some dimensions on the reel, like diameter, width & weight.  That might be a fun one to fish with.

Here are the specs, Randy --

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Rancanfish

I guess the next question.....are you showing, or selling?  I notice your stock of fly reels seems low.

foakes

Can't sell it, Randy --

This was a gift from a friend.

Most everything I have is for sale -- except the quality tackle that is gifted to me by friends.

That stuff stays in my personal arsenal and collection -- just as a matter of respect and appreciation for the friendship.

If I run across one -- I'll let you know.  They are not that expensive.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Rancanfish

I understand completely.  I am set well, really should not spend any more until I try everything out.  Thanks for the reply.

Time to put down the gunsmith screw drivers and pick up the impact wrench.  Installing new KYB shocks today on the work van.