Micro Spin

Started by publius, April 13, 2020, 07:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

publius

Working on this worthless reel and took apart something I can't get back together. (Imagine that). Anti-reverse engagement, I think. The little metal notched piece slides into a recess you may be able to see on the front housing pic, then on the steel arbor i'm pointing at with the brass jag. I think the spring goes underneath the piece but how I can't figure out?

festus

It shouldn't be too difficult to get back together as long as you didn't lose anything.

Is that a Shakepseare Microspin?  Then again, it resembles a Pflueger.

Can you find a schematic?

publius

It's a pfleuger. I have found some schematics but they aren't very good, i can't see what position the spring needs to be in and the spring is very weak. The reel is probably worth 2 dollars but I hate not being able accomplish something that i try to do.

Cuttyhunker

Have you tried youtube?  Might find something close enough to help you figure it out.  Repository of all human knowledge.
Doomed from childhood

publius

Yes, i tried youtube. the problem is that it is a cheap reel that they didn't make long I don't think so nobody really has worked on them. was hoping that somebody might have one similar that is still together.

Cuttyhunker

I've been messing around with a bunch of the 3 screw triangle cheapies that came in a lot deal and they're by design, and shape constraints fairly similar.  I don't have the "easy button" for this one, but which side of the dog shows use has helped me and also look at the spring being workable tensioned to open or close.  I've made myself crazy trying to tension one way when the solution was the opposite.  Good Luck.  Maybe the tube has similar but different reels for a clue, I fast forward through them to the 5 seconds I need looking for my solution, if the video is a bust, then move on to the next.
Doomed from childhood

publius

Thanks for the tips, Cuttyhunker. I'll give that a try tomorrow. If it doesn't cooperate it's going in a ziploc. It's in the way of real projects, guns, Mitchell and Ambassadeur reels.