TR-100-G

Started by day0ne, December 03, 2011, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

day0ne

I'm currently rebuilding a Shimano TR-100-G as a present and I am wondering what everybodies thoughts are on changing out the two bushings to bearings. They appear to be the same size as the TLD Star spool bearings and the only problem is the right spool bushing has ears to locate it in the reel frame. I think a bearing (6x12x4) will work just fine and not hit the pinion. Also going carbontex and would like a longer handle. Any thoughts?
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Jimmer

I haven't tried this, but I think it would work. I use a couple TR200g's for trolling and I'm fine with the bushings, spool bearings might be a good mod if you cast with the reel.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

bronzeback

I just went thru two tr 100's didnt change the bushings to bearings but did change out the drags
with carbontex washers, much better. For the handles I put on the 2/0 handles Alan has for sale.
They are very nice!

day0ne

Quote from: bronzeback on December 03, 2011, 06:20:42 PM
I just went thru two tr 100's didnt change the bushings to bearings but did change out the drags
with carbontex washers, much better. For the handles I put on the 2/0 handles Alan has for sale.
They are very nice!

I was looking for a longer lever arm. Not having much hope.
David

thinket

never give up hope. ..."tuna's reel trouble" has handles for shimano 100 & 200g.  the handles are $20.00.  the lever arm is longer than stock arm and weighted for balance.  some of the calcutta handles will work too. there is no better handle for this reel thn alan's 2/0. period.  however, if you don't mind spending more for the handle than you paid for the reel, buy the tunasreeltrouble handle and drill out the knob from the arm and replace with alan's.  that would be an #### kicking reel.  i like the feel of the stock arm with alan's 2/0 better.  i have 8 200g's and 8 100g's all with modified handles.

Quote from: day0ne on December 03, 2011, 08:00:57 PM
Quote from: bronzeback on December 03, 2011, 06:20:42 PM
They are very nice!

I was looking for a longer lever arm. Not having much hope.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

day0ne

The bearings and "tani treatment" worked great.Made the reel much nicer IMHO
David