Senator 6/0 - help me put back together.

Started by Beachmaster, April 16, 2020, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachmaster

I have the plain 114 with black side plates.  Took apart and cleaned a while back. Just getting around to putting back together. Upgraded to the HT-100 drags.  Take a look at these parts...how do they go bac?

RowdyW

Grease the fiber washer & place it on the washer with the raised edge. Install it on top of the drag stack felt side down. Next is the spacer, then the thick wavy washer,star wheel, then handle, then thin wavy washer. Tighten handle screw, done.         Rudy

alantani

the felt piece fits in collar on the far right.  then those two pieces go on, felt side down, so that the felt is hidden.  it's purpose is to just block moisture..  next is the tube, then the thick wave washer (cupped up).  then the star.  i generally leave the thin wave washer out, but it would go on next if you wanted. then the handle, the handle nut and the set screw and you're done!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Beachmaster

Donnyboat

Hi Beachmaster, if your going to fish with it, replace the thin waive washer with a delrin , that makes it easier to turn the star, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

donnyboat, the thin wave washer goes behind the handle and a delrin washer is useless there. The delrin washer would work better under the thick wave washer.

Alto Mare

I will usually replace the felt washer and the small top hat metal washer that comes with it.
On the 9/0 I'll use a top hat from the 114h and it has been working much better.
The 114 you're showing appears to be the same as the 9/0 with the easy access drag system.
A top hat washer from the 114h should work there as well.
This might mean you would need to remote a metal washer on top and the smaller top hat with the felt.
You could usually make it work.
Anything that is sitting above the top lip of the main gear is just a spacer on these reels.
So you could pretty much add r remove washers to get the right performance.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.