Penn 25

Started by Rancanfish, April 16, 2020, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I narrowed a Gray 25 Monofil with Ted's seat and added a 24-56 handle.  That brought up an issue.

Is there a larger star that will fit?  The star pretty much disappears behind the larger handle stem.....
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

xjchad

I could be wrong, but I think the 66 star will work and is larger.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Rancanfish

Thanks Chad,  I'll have to check that. 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

The 66 is only a hair bigger Randy

You want a 49 star. It's the biggest Penn made for that gear sleeve and will work good with that wide blade
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

xjchad

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 17, 2020, 03:10:08 AM
The 66 is only a hair bigger Randy

You want a 49 star. It's the biggest Penn made for that gear sleeve and will work good with that wide blade

Thanks Ted!

Randy, I've got one if you want it. PM me.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Ron Jones

A reel that small will take advantage of precise drag settings. If funds allow, a fine thread gear sleeve and a 505 star (same ize as the 49) would gild the lily.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

thorhammer

Randy, you may need to take a few thou off spacer- I went up to a 66 on a Squidder and had to, depending on which spacer is in there. I think there were about five different lengths made.

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on April 18, 2020, 10:39:31 AM
Randy, you may need to take a few thou off spacer- I went up to a 66 on a Squidder and had to.

That's true John...the 66 star is a bit thicker than the 60. I saw it mentioned earlier that the 49 star was larger than the 66. They are in fact the same diameter, but once again, the 66 star is thicker. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~