A Group of Zangi Made Reels

Started by Midway Tommy, April 19, 2020, 12:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

I picked up a neat little 36" high lighted curio display cabinet awhile back at Good Will down the road for $25 and I decided I would display my Italian made spinning reels in it. I had a few displayed in a lawyers book case, but the rest were cleaned & serviced and stored in a tote because I had no place to display them. I decided the last few days it was time to get them organized and put in the cabinet. I thought I would take a couple of photos of them out in the open to share before I put them in the cabinet.

Most were made by Zangi, but not all. From left to right.

Bottom Row: Ted Williams 550, Ted Williams 450, Ted Williams 350, Pescador 500, Pescador, 400, Pescador 300, Sears 300, Sears Spinning Reel 391-38250
Second Row: Ted Williams 510, Ted Williams 410, Ted Williams 310, Ted Williams 500, Ted Williams 400, Ted Williams 300, True Temper True Spin 322, Spem Velox
Third Row: Orvis 150A, Orvis 100, Orvis 100, Pelican 100, Orvis 50A, Alcedo Erie 2CS, Alcedo Micron, Cargem Mignon33, Cargem Silverfish 402
Top Row: Old Pal Jaguar 800, Old Pal Cougar 600, Old Pal Cougar 600, Trade Winds, Inc. Spin-in Royal 585, A.P.M. Agal, Minerva, Cargem 404 
(Note: The 2 boxed Cargems have never had their bag seals broken open) :o I've got boxes for a couple of the others but didn't have room in the photo for them.

All but the Agal, Spin-in Royal, Minerva, & Spem Velox are pinion worm gear driven.

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Alto Mare

Wow Tommy, nice stash of some good quality reels... very nice!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

philaroman

WOW!!!  that's impressive

do any of the "non-worm four" have a "brass-or-better" main gear?

mo65

That a great bunch of reels Tom...very nice. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Midway Tommy

Thanks, guys!

Quote from: philaroman on April 19, 2020, 01:54:52 AM
WOW!!!  that's impressive

do any of the "non-worm four" have a "brass-or-better" main gear?

Phil,

The Minerva has a steels main gear & pinion and the Spem has a brass main gear and pinion. The Agal & Spin-in Royal are the same reels, different names. They have alloy main gears & pinions, but the quality of the alloy looks to be a little more solid than your standard old pot metal.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)