550SS manual pickup parts?

Started by kjdunne, April 19, 2020, 06:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjdunne

I have a nearly unused 550SS my sister-in-law gave me and I would like to convert it to manual pickup.  I've serviced it to replace the old grease and this reel is like new.  The manual pickup kit 69-750 is listed as NLA at Mystic and other searches I've tried.  There is a seller on Ebay with some, but they are in France... not sure I want to try that.
Anybody here have a kit or parts available?  There are only 2 parts to the kit, the pickup and a counterweight, but I can't find individual part #s for them.
The line roller and screw from the stock bail are reused.  The kit is listed as the same for 850SS, 8500SS, 750SS, 7500SS, 650SS, 6500SS & 550SS, 757 & 747.  Mystic says it will work on DAM Quick 550 also. 
So... if anybody here has a line on a kit or parts, even used ones they will sell, let me know.
If there is a modification of the stock bail that works, I would be interested in that info also.

Thanks, Kal

wfjord

I don't know about the kits, but if you couldn't find one you can buy a bail wire for it --cut off the wire and use the other roller assembly parts on the reel you have.  That will work.

Different reel, but here's my 714 Spinfisher.  A little different, but similar concept as the idea above.  The pickup assembly looks small, but it works really well and I like it a lot.  It's just an idea if you can't find exactly what you're looking for.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

kjdunne

mo65, thanks!  Got it ordered.  You are obviously better than I at searching for this stuff!
wfjord, a good idea, thank you too.

Kal

mo65

Great! Glad you got one. Yes...my empty wallet is proof that I'm good at finding reels and parts. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~