Avet SX 5.1

Started by Jimbo408, April 22, 2020, 05:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo408

Hello everyone,

First time post.  Hopefully I'm in the correct section.  I recently acquired an Avet SX 5.1 Obviously, it's an older reel and I believe it's do for a good service.  So, I'm looking for a bearing kit.  If anyone knows of any available I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks

James

RUSTY OLD COLT

I order my bearings from Avet . They have a nice website and also have nice illustrations on the reel disassembled . The pinion bearing is the one I find that needs replacement the most. This bearing usually goes from people not setting the drag properly .

akfish

The Avet website has been having problems for a while now so you'll need to call them, but do so: They have very good prices on bearings and, while some very, very early Avets shipped with bad bearings, their bearings are just fine now.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

SoCalAngler

Dawn at Smoothdrag on this website should have what you need. She is great to work with and super fast service.

Jimbo408

Talk to someone at Avet today.  They said send it in and for 40$ they clean, grease, and replace and bad bearings.  I know that was at least 3 bad so i figured I was a good deals.  Thanks for the responses.