Stress Free Adventures

Started by Newell Nut, April 26, 2020, 06:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Dwight.  Fill in flash on the camera.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Quote from: steelfish on April 26, 2020, 09:13:39 PM
I hate you !!   ;D ;D

dang, looks like great way to spend the day, nice fish, nice boat and safe away from the people

Love you too Alex. 8)

Rivverrat

Always love the pics with your boat. Just a suggestion, if your able sometime, it would be great to get a video of a fight on the short rod with Sal's 9/0. How long is this rod ? What make ? ... Jeff

Alto Mare

Yes, it would be nice to see that set up in action.
A short rod for big game would be a good choice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Fabulous gear on fantastic fish great job man,,,,,,,, ;D

wfjord

Those are really nice fish!!!  The kind I dream about... and the kind of eating I dream about, too!

Newell Nut

Quote from: Rivverrat on May 06, 2020, 07:57:12 PM
Always love the pics with your boat. Just a suggestion, if your able sometime, it would be great to get a video of a fight on the short rod with Sal's 9/0. How long is this rod ? What make ? ... Jeff

I have thought about it many times. That rod I built with a Rainshadow stub 80 and it is so short I only needed two rollers and a top and it is mounted in an alps bent butt. It hangs off the bow with a live bait and Larry and I are fishing in the back corners. When we here the clicker go off it shakes the boat and we drop everything and run to it and the last thought is a camera. It is the coolest set up and catches a lot of big fish and sharks. We are more concerned over gaffing something than taking pics or videos. It is a cool rod to look at all bowed up because you know it is something heavy to make it bend. Maybe next time we can get a video. Need a go pro but don't want to spend the money.

Dwight

Rivverrat

Dwight, I dont want to spend the on a Go Pro myself. Believe me I understand its a hard thing with just two people... Jeff

Newell Nut

We got out on my birthday today and Elly was along to get some pics and Larry is in them too. She made some videos but have no idea how to get them from phone to here.

Alto Mare

I'm glad you had a great day out there Dwight. Elly did a good job with the video camera.
It was Also nice to finally see your fishing partner, he's pretty good with the gaff.
Thanks for sharing buddy!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Looks like a great day, That's a big red fish, is it a snapper?  Spending your birthday in style!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Newell Nut

Those big red snappers are overprotected and have become a nuisance fish. They are eating machines.

Dominick

Very nice Dwight.  And Happy Birthday.  You and Elly are looking good.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

I dont know any better way to spend a birthday compadre

you're face said it all
The Baja Guy

Newell Nut

Couldn't be better unless I won the lotto too. ;D

This is the same time of May the fishing started picking up last year. Planning to go back out Monday or Tuesday based on the current Sunday forecast. I know I am not getting weaker but a few times yesterday I got my butt kicked by some big critters on the bottom. About a 10 second or less knock out punch is not fun. Elly got hooked up several times and lost them all. She is really good with mangos but these things were bigger. Hope to give a good report next week.

Dwight