BX2 Dawg or Valiant??

Started by thunnus69, April 09, 2020, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunnus69

Looking to purchase a BX2 Dawg but can't find any info on these.  Thought I'd ask here as the Accurate website does not provide any insight.

-What's the difference between the DPX2 and BX2 Dawg models?
-Do both utilize AR bearings along with dogs?
-Is it even worth purchasing a BX2 Dawg considering the Valiants have been getting quite a bit of positive hype.

Lastly, I intend to target Roosterfish, Cubera Snapper, Pacific Sailfish and Tuna up to 100#'s.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Gfish

Exact differences between the 2 unknowen. The info. not easy to track down. I have the "DPX2 Dawg"--that's on the head-plate, the tail plate just says "Boss Xtreme". The Schematic I downloaded is for the BX2 series, and the the only one avalible, even for the DPX2. Mine has an ARB and 3 dogs("Dawg"). The BX2's have a ARB, but I'm not seein any dogs on the Schematic. Could be my stuff's out-dated.
I dislike an ARB for maintenance/possible-problem reasons. If I hav'ta live with an ARB, it's nice to have back-up dogs.
Others probably have better info.(Allen, Bryan, et.al.).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

MarkT

I don't have any experience with the BX series.  I have a dx2-400 that has an ARB and 2 dogs.  I also have a little bv-300 with just an ARB.  The Valiants have a good reputation, have caught up to cow size tuna on the big sizes and with no ARB failures that I've heard about.  It seems like Accurate has finally come up with an ARB that will hold up!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!